Noel Gallagher

Mud Dweller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive Oasis fan. Hence posting news on the Noel Gallagher thread.

I think we'll get a reunion next year. Knebworth probably with next year being the 20th anniversary of the original gigs.

Id say its a good five years away, at best. Noels doing well on solo work and doesnt need it. So he'll be happy to hold on until he really does, or theres nothing else left for him. As long as he can make a living solo then thats what he'll do. He holds the cards and he knows it. He modells himself career wise on Weller these days and will follow that path I reckon, as long as its fruitful.

Edited by ClementsMike

Id say its a good five years away, at best. Noels doing well on solo work and doesnt need it. So he'll be happy to hold on until he really does, or theres nothing else left for him. As long as he can make a living solo then thats what he'll do. He holds the cards and he knows it. He modells himself career wise on Weller these days and will follow that path I reckon, as long as its fruitful.

I'd have thought so too. Though Bonehead being under contract doesn't tie into that.

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts on it. There's no need for Noel to reform Oasis given how successful his High Flying Birds stuff is.

If he's modelling himself on Weller then I'm so glad NGHFB didn't become like The Style Council.

You split up The Jam to start what now?

Style council did some great, great stuff, easily the equal of his other work. One of the biggest myths of pop music is that they were rubbish.

Style council did some great, great stuff, easily the equal of his other work. One of the biggest myths of pop music is that they were rubbish.

Id agree. They suffered due to a general shift in what was 'fashionable' while he soldiered on in a declining 'scene'. Not all good, obviously, but plenty of stuff thats stands the test of time.

Id say 'better' than NGHFB's will do ...

• 2 months later...

thats just prompted me to check the setlist from america. started playing 'Whatever' again, straight after Champagne Supernova. Two of my absolute favourites - could be emotional at Castlefield! Add to that Fade Away and The Masterplan that is a very good set of Oasis tracks

Edited by efcfanwirral

• 4 weeks later...

As a solo artist he'd be more suited to subbing rather than headlining.

With NGHFB he's had a number one album and sold out arenas and headlined festivals, if Florence and kasabian can headline Noel can easily, were not talking about beady eye

Edited by PabloCoke

Thought he was very good. With a longer set and a few more Oasis songs thrown in I think he would be able to pull off a headline set (especially after this years load of crap)

It felt like a really short set but I was quite drunk! I actually enjoyed him a lot more than I thought I would but Wolf Alice stole the show for me.

Edit: Could definitely see him headlining next year but they would need 1 or 2 big hitters in the other headlining slots IMO

Edited by TomViolence

Well that's the dull headliner out of the way if he's doing it. Will be well attended though I'm sure.

I'm not sure if he is booked that it'll be for a headline spot. If they wanted him to headline, they'd have asked him on the 1st outing of his album. There is nothing with bookings this year except for his T slot where they were stumped basically to suggest he'd need headline. Calling Fest to not the biggest outdoor and Latitude header this year. You could well chuck Noel subbing Foo's back out there lol.