What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

Tesco have a cider called Johnstone Press, which I first discovered at the Echo Arena in Liverpool and have seen popping up around the place. And guess what....its in plastic bottles at £1 for the apple and £1.25 for the mixed berry. So no cans if you don't want to. Its not amazing, but its not the worst I've had.

I found Thatchers a bit acidic last year so want to have that only when its from the bar.

Payday tomorrow so I'll be going this weekend and stocking up ahead of June.

Edited by efcfanwirral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wellies are here and they are so comfy and they don't even look like wellies!! I'm quite excited!!

Am thinking also of getting a new tent... Last year we eschewed our little 2 man tent and borrowed the parents' 4 man, and it made so much difference, especially on the wet days as it meant we didn't have to take it in turns standing outside whilst the other got dressed! Unfortunately the rents need their tent this year so if we're going to want a bigger one we're gonna have to part with our cash. :'(

going for some DM wellies too this year - did you get a size larger as the reviews on a site suggested? are yours the 8 or 14 eye boots?

The wellies are here and they are so comfy and they don't even look like wellies!! I'm quite excited!!

I was looking at those last year and was thinking of investing in some! Let me know how you get on with them if you are 'test driving' them before the fest. £75 is quite steep but you'd pay more than that for Hunters I suppose.

Edited by yellowsnow

I was looking at those last year and was thinking of investing in some! Let me know how you get on with them if you are 'test driving' them before the fest. £75 is quite steep but you'd pay more than that for Hunters I suppose.

if you are looking into new footwear can I point you in the direction of good hiking boots and if there is mud (sush don't tell the NFR NFC guys i said that) a pair of gaiters, much more comfortable.

Just realised there is only about 8 weeks until we have to pay the balances in April. So that's about £20 a week? In October I was all like 'ohhh I'll put money aside every pay day' but I haven't. Oops.

Then after balances are paid there's only 12 weeks left :)

I like your thinking. Plus, we'll probably get at least a good chunk of the lineup before balance deadline, so only 8ish weeks to that :-)

We have also had a tent upgrade... Last year we had a blow up bed in our "bedroom" and kept all our stuff in the porch. Unfortunately our old tent had a seperate groundsheet for the porch area and this meant that during the rain, everything got a bit wet. Our new tent has a bigger bedroom which means we should be able to fit the blow up bed and our backpacks with clothes etc in the bedroom, and the porch also has a "lipped" groundsheet which attaches to the walls of the tent to prevent the rain getting in. So hopefully even if the weather isn't great again this year, we should at least be able to keep our stuff relatively dry!

I got them for half price, they have a sale on their website at the moment. I wore them at the weekend and they were so comfy. I didn't encounter any mud though so testing is not yet complete!

Made sure work has 24th to the 29th booked off. I hope those dates are right.

Your dates are correct - one year early 80's even although I had the dates booked up one year in advance the Dean of the University where I was teaching asked me to be back on the Monday morning - I told him no chance unless they pay for a chopper as there was no way I would be in any fit state to drive home early - anyway he dropped the demand.

Just realised there is only about 8 weeks until we have to pay the balances in April. So that's about £20 a week? In October I was all like 'ohhh I'll put money aside every pay day' but I haven't. Oops.

Then after balances are paid there's only 12 weeks left :)

god I hope I get a ticket in the resale. Its been hell since that fateful day in October

bought my coach ticket this year..... decided NatExpress is just simpler than the train from London....

Is it just me, or is it much more expensive than it has been in the past? I've not taken then coach since 2011, but it seems to have trebled in price....

I also prefer the coach to the train. Less queuing.