What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2015?

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a thread on the forum somewhere which is constantly updated throughout the year with good offers for stock piling for the festival whilst things are out of season etc etc? Gonna start stock piling this year to try and keep costs down.

There is somewhere. Bargain thresd or some such. I'll see if I can find it an bump it.

Phoned up the Glasto/SeeTickets office and asked them to refund my friend's deposit as she will not longer be able to attend. There are two deposits connected to the same reference number - hers and mine. I made it very clear not to delete mine or I will have my vengeance. I'm sad for my friend, though. She hadn't been before and I've spent the last few weeks hyping the hell out of it, but she had to face the reality that she just can't afford it. Sad times. But! That means there's one more ticket in the pot come April's resale...

Went down to the storage site to check my caravan today pre the festival season generally. All seems OK and dry. Can't get the gas fire to light (though hopefully won't need that in June) but run the service man to have a look at it anyway.

Also still got my deal old trailer tent for sale - in excellent nick and stored in the dry in mother in law's garage in Cardiff - if anyone is interested.

2w2h4xj.jpg

Went down to the storage site to check my caravan today pre the festival season generally. All seems OK and dry. Can't get the gas fire to light (though hopefully won't need that in June) but run the service man to have a look at it anyway.

Also still got my deal old trailer tent for sale - in excellent nick and stored in the dry in mother in law's garage in Cardiff - if anyone is interested.

2w2h4xj.jpg

I may buy it for my mother in law....... she's coming to stay next week!

Had a 60 minute interview for a new job and in response to the question "have you got any holidays already booked up this year" I managed to restrain myself and only banged on about Glasto for 10 mins.

:sarcastic:

Ha! Good one :)

I recently had a three week holiday which I was called back from after 10 days because the company I work for was 'busy'. I hadn't booked Glasto off at that point and used the favour I was giving my boss as leverage . When I returned and popped into his office so he could thank me, I mentioned that I'd be off for two weeks at the end of June and that there was no earthly way I'd ever come back early for that one. I held the man's gaze and gave him what must have been a psychotically serious stare, and he shifted in his seat and mumbled his approval for it.

A minute or two later he asked me what I was doing in June. I told him Glastonbury, and his face lit up. We spent the next ten minutes reminiscing about the festival, and he told me what a monumental impact it had on him when he was younger. It was a lovely little moment. He knows what it means.

Half of our office was missing for Glastonbury last year, one worker, one who lives in the village (my gaffer), one who won tickets and me who had to go through the stresses and strains of ticket day, so all that got discussed in April, May and June was the festival!

This year only three of us but we do have our countdown on the whiteboard, not long now!

I hope you've got a big car. If that's the same as the one I had, it won't fit in the boot of a big car.

We made this mistake last year. We did consider attempting to bungee the sack barrow to the roof rack, but we decided that this would be unsafe at motorway speeds.

This year, we're attempting to think up an ingenious alternative...

I hope you've got a big car. If that's the same as the one I had, it won't fit in the boot of a big car.

hmmm. never even crossed my mind that it wouldn't fit . :banghead: got a passat - suppose I could put one of the kids in the boot and lay it across the lap of the other two with the windows open. - just emailed the seller to ask the dimensions just incase

hmmm. never even crossed my mind that it wouldn't fit . :banghead: got a passat - suppose I could put one of the kids in the boot and lay it across the lap of the other two with the windows open. - just emailed the seller to ask the dimensions just incase

funnily enough, I used to have a Passat - and I'm pretty sure that was the car it wouldn't fit in the boot for (tho it was possibly the car I had before, a Renault 19). I was lucky the year I used that trolly, cos a mate came by my house on his way to Glasto, and it luckily fitted into his estate car.

The problem with a two wheel sack truck is that you have to support all the weight.

A couple of years ago I engineered our Glastomobile out of two £10 B&Q sack trucks bolted together. Because it was 4 wheeled we could take a rest between pushing/pulling. It was also, deliberately, non-steering as pivot points tends to be points of weakness.

Yes it was big and needed a roof rack but was worth it.

2jeuzi0.jpg