Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

i don't really understand all the hate for the Kim Kardashian, i don't really understand what she's done wrong? as far as i can tell people hate her because she's famous

from everything I've seen about her (which granted isn't a lot) she doesn't seem to say anything offensive or even do anything wrong other than just exist and not be everyone's cup of tea looks wise

i know there are people that hate her because she's famous for being famous/rich but really whats wrong with that? if you could make money from simply existing are you saying you'd turn that down and go live as a hermit/wildman

dont hate her at all, dont even know her...do hate the media circus which would follow her to glastonbury

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont hate her at all, dont even know her...do hate the media circus which would follow her to glastonbury

but from what i can tell from the news post Glastonbury is there are 100's of celebrities that attend the festival that would cause a media circus, i don't see why an extra few Kardashians is going to bring the place to some sort of selfie induced gridlock

but from what i can tell from the news post Glastonbury is there are 100's of celebrities that attend the festival that would cause a media circus, i don't see why an extra few Kardashians is going to bring the place to some sort of selfie induced gridlock

it's a virtual certainty that you wouldn't know if they were there or not.

yep, the papers/online news sites are full of "check out ALexa Chung's wellies at Glastonbury", "Michael Fassbender and Bradley Cooper party at Glstonbury", "Laure Whitmore wears a chic hippie top at Worthy Farm" etc. during/after Glastonbury.

Kim Kardashian is just another celeb backstage for the paparazzi, who are already there, to take photos of.

had a four day residency in Paris last week and played this setlist

On Sight

Black Skinhead

I Don't Like

Mercy

Jesus Walks

Wolves

Say You Will

Flashing Lights

Can't Tell Me Nothing

Runaway

All Of The Lights

Good Life

Gold Digger

Touch The Sky

Blood On The Leaves

All Day

Only One

obviously if he headlines it'll no doubt be completely different from that, but god i hope he plays On Sight. such a good song. the Pyramid field would go. off.

I always thought that if he played, it would be Saturday and not Sunday as people were suggesting. I just can't see the locals going wild for Black Skinhead.

all the betting etc has placed him on the Saturday (for some reason). i had him pinned for the Sunday, but you're right with it not really fitting in to the locals thing. i definitely think he's one of our headliners now though

yup saturday night headliner I think

blur for sunday I reckon. Locals love a bit of damon i'd expect..

Blur still seems too soon for me (especially with only one new album worth of material, that nobody will want to hear live) but definitely seems like a surer option than Taylor Swift. Foos, Kanye, Blur would be a massive set of headliners

Blur still seems too soon for me (especially with only one new album worth of material, that nobody will want to hear live) but definitely seems like a surer option than Taylor Swift. Foos, Kanye, Blur would be a massive set of headliners

It all comes down to IOW

I'd put money on them being the saturday IOW headliner, and depending on the wording of the announcement will determine whether I think they are likely for Glasto

if it doesn't include an 'exclusive festival headliner' in the announcement i'd say they'd be nailed for Glasto then.

It all comes down to IOW

I'd put money on them being the saturday IOW headliner, and depending on the wording of the announcement will determine whether I think they are likely for Glasto

if it doesn't include an 'exclusive festival headliner' in the announcement i'd say they'd be nailed for Glasto then.

BST is a 'festival' though isn't it, so they couldn't use a festival exclusive anyway

So as someone who knows little about betting, what does this mean exactly? That no bookies are taking bets on Kanye headlining the Saturday? But all other bets are still open?

According to the article there was a random surge of bets on Kanye which meant the odds had to be significantly slashed, and then bets had to be suspended due to how many were flooding in.

So as someone who knows little about betting, what does this mean exactly? That no bookies are taking bets on Kanye headlining the Saturday? But all other bets are still open?

pretty much. it happened with Coldplay when Neil made them a TBC - all other options were still open but betting on them was suspended

But in this case there was nothing that we know of to cause a surge in betting? There was no story claiming it would be him or anything? That is mighty suspicious.

yeah it's all very odd. i thought maybe some journalists had been reporting it as fact over the weekend or something but all i could find was this http://dalje.com/en-bestseller/kanye-west-is-set-to-play-the-glastonbury-festival/257127which is just a rehash of the 2009 article about him guesting with Mr Hudson

But in this case there was nothing that we know of to cause a surge in betting? There was no story claiming it would be him or anything? That is mighty suspicious.

It makes you think, I would over think about it though, it happens from time to time, I have had a bet on Kanye for the Saturday night, without having any information, I just have an inclination that it will be him

Glastonbury betting is nothing but publicity grabbing for bookies.

More money is put on a minor greyhound race than this, any story on a surge in betting will have come from the bookies themselves to generate yet more publicity. Take it all with a pinch of salt.

Glastonbury betting is nothing but publicity grabbing for bookies.

More money is put on a minor greyhound race than this, any story on a surge in betting will have come from the bookies themselves to generate yet more publicity. Take it all with a pinch of salt.

i get what you mean, but what would be the point in drawing publicity to an act who they've suspended betting on?