Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the publicity is about trying to get bets made on other acts, it's not about the act they've closed the betting on.

i realise that but if an act has been suspended surely most sensible minded people will think 'well there's our headliner then, no point in pissing my money away on all these other options'

i realise that but if an act has been suspended surely most sensible minded people will think 'well there's our headliner then, no point in pissing my money away on all these other options'

It's not about getting people to bet on Glastonbury, it's about getting their name in the media. Bigger name leading the story, the more publicity they get. Last year it was Oasis.

I am certain its Kanye for Saturday and he potentially could give one of the most talked about headline sets in years.

Though I am slightly worried if he is to play, he'll largely play songs off of his new record and neglect any classics.

Though I am slightly worried if he is to play, he'll largely play songs off of his new record and neglect any classics.

he always plays a greatest hits-esque set. even on his Yeezus tour, which had him playing Yeezus in it's entirety, he made up for it by having the shows go on for like 35 songs and playing songs from the rest of his back catalogue. it's the one time his ego doesn't really come in to play - he knows what the crowd wants

he always plays a greatest hits-esque set. even on his Yeezus tour, which had him playing Yeezus in it's entirety, he made up for it by having the shows go on for like 35 songs and playing songs from the rest of his back catalogue. it's the one time his ego doesn't really come in to play - he knows what the crowd wants

Brilliant. I Really hope he plays

I don't actually think he's particularly egotistical when he's playing live, he just can be a bit of an idiot, like at wireless i remember him tellling some people to change camera angles for a screen he couldn't even see (i think he's just a bit of a perfectionist) - but it can come across as really annoying and kill the vibe a bit

I am certain its Kanye for Saturday and he potentially could give one of the most talked about headline sets in years.

Probably.

But more likely to be talked about because he's a self-obsessed twat than because of any musical brilliance.

He certainly didn't dio anything musically brilliant when I saw him, tho he definitely managed the self-obsessed twat part.

What's his form for keeping fans waiting before he comes on?

I'm assuming a long time on the basis he's a massive twat.

That will go down well on the day.

i believe there may have been some incidents with this way back, but i don't recall hearing anything about it in recent times (though i may be wrong). saw him at Wireless last year and iirc he was maybe ten minutes late? (which is pretty standard)

Edited by FloorFiller

His 15 minute rant in the middle of the set should be 'interesting'...

see now that's the one bit that he could really fuck up and lose the audience with so i really hope he keeps it to a minimum, if not gone entirely (although that may be too much to expect). if he did a 20 minute rant like he did at Wireless last year i can see a LOT of people leaving