Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they definitely seem more like 'whilst i'm here i'll do some shows' rather than him coming over here to tour properly. i'm stoked! also pretty great to know that if Kanye is headlining he's planning on bringing out some guests as well. what with him and Rihanna touring together around this time as well it's not inconceivable to think she could make an appearance - got quite a few songs together now

If Rihanna was available I don't think Kanye would play. :P

I'd be less inclined to think Rihanna would have an issue guesting him than I would to think Glasto might book her now, live shows have gone downhill regardless of one's opinion of them previously haha and she doesn't exactly have a rep for keeping it clean at her own shows, Glasto may have something to say about that shown on tv.

i think Glastonbury would rather Kanye headline than Rihanna - the controversy for them both is there, but nobody could accuse Kanye of being a manufactured pop act, which could definitely be thrown Rihanna's way (russy would have a field day). he seems like far more of a Glastonbury act than she does, and i think he'd be more up for doing it for the lesser pay package than she would as well - but a guest slot with him? why not if she's already touring with him. would be great promotion for their tour (not that they need it, mind)

Urgh, not Kanye. No, no, no. However if it meant that Public Enemy subbed and got a long overdue high profile Pyramid slot then I'd probably live with it. Would actually rather they headlined having a better back catalogue and and more to say than just ranting but a PE Pyramid headliner is probably just a dream after doing West Holts in 2013

Yep. He may not play it at every show but it's no High and Dry..

fingers crossed he does it at Glasto (though with a new album it's probably less likely to get aired)

Urgh, not Kanye. No, no, no. However if it meant that Public Enemy subbed and got a long overdue high profile Pyramid slot then I'd probably live with it. Would actually rather they headlined having a better back catalogue and and more to say than just ranting but a PE Pyramid headliner is probably just a dream after doing West Holts in 2013

well that's just never gonna happen, is it?

i think Glastonbury would rather Kanye headline than Rihanna - the controversy for them both is there, but nobody could accuse Kanye of being a manufactured pop act, which could definitely be thrown Rihanna's way (russy would have a field day). he seems like far more of a Glastonbury act than she does, and i think he'd be more up for doing it for the lesser pay package than she would as well - but a guest slot with him? why not if she's already touring with him. would be great promotion for their tour (not that they need it, mind)

I agree with most of this to be fair, and as you say, if she's in Europe touring with him anyway, it's not as if she's needed to a flight over purely for that. It's not necessarily about the needing publicity of it, sometimes it's just this'd be a great moment (in some people's eye's) and there is no better place to do it. For what it's worth, I don't like the guy but I do think he'd put a better performance out that Rihanna, who simply collects the paycheck and doesn't actually try now seemingly.He would of course have more special guests come out as well, I'd still find it hard to see Taylor subbing him but if they get on okay now etc etc then it's plausible. Let's make no mistake though, I'd 100% take a Taylor headline show instead.

Edited by thewayiam

new leaked Kanye song Awesome - more in the vein of Only One / 808's. if this is gonna make So Help Me God it sounds like it's gonna be an interesting mish mash of styles. wouldn't be surprised if turns out to be a double album - one half All Day-esque banger and the other half 808's style ballads

http://www.spin.com/articles/kanye-west-awesome-song-stream-so-help-me-god/?utm_source=spinfacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spinfacebook

Edited by FloorFiller

Hmm, not really sold on Awesome, tbh.

My new favourite thing is Kanye West reaction videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jw-802mvOw

That guy's dancing is as dorky as mine is, however, only one of us had the good sense not to upload a video of it to Youtube.

What a massive pile of shite. I can only hope he's leaking these KK love songs early so we don't have to suffer them on the album.

That was truly dreadful.

It did redeem itself a little bit with the "I'm also awesome" at the end, that gave me good lols.

the song itself is like two years old so there's a chance it's old material that's leaked, although what with Only One being in a similar vein maybe not. i just can't see how stuff like this is gonna stand side by side stuff like All Day unless it's a double album or something similar

What a massive pile of shite. I can only hope he's leaking these KK love songs early so we don't have to suffer them on the album.

That was truly dreadful.

I lost interest at the line

'you must be tired because you been running through my mind'

who actually uses that shit unless its used in irony?