Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely he's learned not to rant by now. It must have gone down horribly wherever he's done it, and he can't be oblivious to the crowd reaction. I doubt he's done it as much as the attention he gets for it, though. Kanye is easy to hate and suffers disproportionate criticism which only seems to fuel him. I have to admire that, in a way.

The setlist for the Big Chill gig is actually pretty incredible (for fans...) I think he will put in a few rants here and there, just not the long diatribes he has become infamous for, although he didn't do any during his recent run of shows in Paris from what I can see and he was well behaved at the Koko gig so maybe he has learnt his leasson.

The setlist for the Big Chill gig is actually pretty incredible (for fans...) I think he will put in a few rants here and there, just not the long diatribes he has become infamous for, although he didn't do any during his recent run of shows in Paris from what I can see and he was well behaved at the Koko gig so maybe he has learnt his leasson.

i'd like to think his noticing of the booing at Wireless London (and then his talk of how much it hurt him at Wireless Birmingham) has taught him a bit of a lesson - i think it was the first time he's openly reacted to the negativity that his rants have received (although with Glastonbury being broadcast to thousands of people across the UK... he could easily see that as a great opportunity to dish out some home truths)

Edited by FloorFiller

I can't think of a single person in music that I despise more than Kanye West. I'd rather watch Rolf Harris and Garry Glitter do a duet. There will undoubtedly be something better on somewhere else.

Hold on, you're saying you'd rather he raped children, than annoy you.

You're one twisted individual.

I can't think of a single person in music that I despise more than Kanye West. I'd rather watch Rolf Harris and Garry Glitter do a duet. There will undoubtedly be something better on somewhere else.

There's disliking Kanye West, there's being inexplicably angry about him playing, and then there's this. Well done, you've reached a grim new low. C**t.

I never said that.

No, you said something perfectly reasonable, about how you'd rather two jailed paedophiles were let out of prison so you could watch them instead. In your mind, raping a child is less bad than having an ego and making music you don't like. All the Kanye haters have been falling over themselves on Facebook and Twitter to say the most stupid thing, but congratulations, I think we have a winner.

I'm not up in arms about the actual booking. Emily can book who she likes, and there will be plenty of other stuff on at the same time. There have been some years where I have not watched a single act on the Pyramid stage and still had an amazing time.

I just really dislike Kaynye West.

I think it was just a case of the guy making a weird joke which clearly sounded better in his head. Let's move on

Yeah. I'm sure we've all made poorly thought out jokes in bad taste before too.

There are worse genuine opinions out there, and a week after Kanye claimed racism was a dated concept too.

Edited by dentalplan