• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Emily saying they have a contingency plan should mean they already have something lined up. A contingency plan isn't "let's try them and see if they'll do it".

Whatever it is, it's already in motion.

Where / when did she say this, dude?

Link please!

Where / when did she say this, dude?

Link please!

Sorry, don't have the link but it was on Radio 1 yesterday (I believe). Think there's a thread somewhere?

Of course, I could be wrong, there's always a first time, it's early etc. and she said something different.

"I was so sorry to hear that, and poor Dave Grohl," Eavis told BBC News about the incident in Sweden. "It was an amazing moment when he carried on."

However, Eavis continued and said that she does not currently know if the band will headline on the Friday (June 26) night of the festival. "I'm not sure what the outcome's going to be here yet." She later clarified that there are contigency plans in place should the headline slot become vacant.

BBC news story has been updated with a "who is in the frame?" bit on the end:

Who could replace Foo Fighters?
  • Florence and the Machine. Florence was due to perform before Foo Fighters on the Friday. She has just been number one in the UK and US with her fourth album and is one of Britain's most electrifying live performers. The time could be right for Florence to step up.
  • Blur. Damon and co last headlined in 2009 and are big crowd pleasers who never disappoint. They are playing in Hyde Park this weekend - but are free over Glastonbury.
  • Taylor Swift. She may not go down too well with Foo Fighters fans, but Taylor will be on a mini UK tour and has a free day on Friday 26 June. She would also not be out of place at a festival where Beyonce headlined a few years ago.
  • AC/DC. The rock legends would be natural replacements and will be between dates on their European tour. Speaking about Glastonbury last December,guitarist Angus Young said: "If they ask… Okay."
  • Kylie Minogue. Kylie is playing a string of UK dates this weekend. It's 10 years since she had to pull out of her headline slot. Let's finally do it.
  • The Strokes. The US indie survivors are headlining a Hyde Park gig on Thursday and so would be match fit.
  • Mark Ronson. Uptown Funk is the biggest single of the year so far and he is already on Friday's Other Stage bill.

Sorry, don't have the link but it was on Radio 1 yesterday (I believe). Think there's a thread somewhere?

Of course, I could be wrong, there's always a first time, it's early etc. and she said something different.

There is a link in the Dave Grohl broken leg thread somewhere!

Thinks this sums it up really well http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33160909/wholl-replace-foo-fighters-at-glastonbury-festival

Mentions how money would be an issue with AC/DC. 

Also talked about Radiohead, apparently playing in America next Wednesday but have Friday off, I think that would be awesome if they stepped in but who the fuck knows with Radiohead and what they're plans are

Edited by DL50