• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I imagine that they have contingency plans in place, I would have thought they would have found out before everyone else that the Foos couldn't do it. I'm sure when they are ready to share the news - they will. I hope it's someone that isn't a rock band - not because I don't like rock, I just think it's funny that everyone who signed the petition for Kanye would be even more annoyed. And hopefully have a blast at the festival and forget Kanye was ever there. 

I imagine that they have contingency plans in place

Nah, not really.

You can't book a band on a maybe, so the only realistic contingency plan is to go out and find a new band once you know you've lost the old band.

What happened around the cancellations of Stone Roses, Kylie, U2 and others got to show how limited the options are in this sort of situation.

Edited by eFestivals

Nah, not really.

You can't book a band on a maybe, so the only realistic contingency plan is to go out and find a new band once you know you've lost the old band.

What happened around the cancellations of Stone Roses, Kylie, U2 and others got to show how limited the options are in this sort of situation.

On that basis do you think Florence is the most likely then?? 

On that basis do you think Florence is the most likely then?? 

Florence will be a last resort. They must be franticly calling round numbers in EE little black book now calling in the favours and they'll pick the first one to say yes. 

Damon

Coldplay

Muse

Elton?

AC/DC??

It's nothing more than my own personal guess, but I don't think Flo is likely at all.

I just can't see her wanting to do it as a fill-in. She'll want to headline in her own right.

I see what you mean, but I would bite Eavises arms off for a chance to jump to headline.

I think the only thing that will stop her is if she doesn't want to do it at which point, she won't and they will be fucked.

I will volunteer, I can lead the crowd in drunken singalongs, thats about the limit of my talent sadly!

Pearl Jam! same era, same genre, better band.

Not averse to playing 3+ hour sets as well, so 2.5 would be easy.

Didn't think of them. They are free as well, I think they would put on a good show but a lot of younger people won't know them or will only know 1 or 2 songs

It's nothing more than my own personal guess, but I don't think Flo is likely at all.

I just can't see her wanting to do it as a fill-in. She'll want to headline in her own right.

Is it not a bit of a dickish manouver if she turns it down though, potentially jeopardising the chances of being asked back? I have no idea really, just seems that GFL are pretty fucked at this short notice.