• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I think SHEERAN has the popularity but his show is surely not big enough for a headliner. I mean you have to be a seriously successful solo artist to headline Glasto and one with a great back catalogue, and some heritage.

he shouldn't even be in contention. Yes i don't like his music but he isn't quite a headline act yet. Give him a few more years and see if he sticks and maintains his popularity or disappears into obscurity.

It's all a bit fucking pretentious isn't this, I mean it's not like mentioning 'Miss Trunchball' in Matilda's school, is it!

It's just a joke on this forum mate. We don't mention him by name because he claims that the organisers sell tickets by attaching his name to the festival every year. This is of course bollocks and the 'P***** to headline' rumours mostly come from those of us here who desperately want him to play Glastonbury. (disclaimer - lots of people on this forum equally don't want him to or aren't bothered whether he does or not).

The reason we don't name him is just a joke so that we can pretend we're in no way connecting him to the festival even though we DO want him to play. Hope this clears it up for you.

It's just a joke on this forum mate. We don't mention him by name because he claims that the organisers sell tickets by attaching his name to the festival every year. This is of course bollocks and the 'P***** to headline' rumours mostly come from those of us here who desperately want him to play Glastonbury. (disclaimer - lots of people on this forum equally don't want him to or aren't bothered whether he does or not).

The reason we don't name him is just a joke so that we can pretend we're in no way connecting him to the festival even though we DO want him to play. Hope this clears it up for you.

Jokes are always funnier once people have explained them at length.

It's all a bit fucking pretentious isn't this, I mean it's not like mentioning 'Miss Trunchball' in Matilda's school, is it!

Jokes are always funnier once people have explained them at length.

I feel sick

call me a noob (sets self up) but can someone bring me up to speed with why nobody seems to be talking about AC/DC any more?

The quote from Eavis last year, seems to scream them. "I can't tell you who it was but that was done on the platform watching Metallica. It it a British artist? He's definitely British, but the band are not British any more."

http://www.nme.com/news/dolly-parton/78205

The lead singer, 67, does not do consecutive nights due to the demands his singing style has on his voice

If they wanted badly to do Glasto i am sure the tour dates would have been built around it