Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

yeah I've been to see them a fair few times... £20 increase on usual prices, seems to be becoming more regular for bands to charge this much for these bigger gigs... NGHFB, Nick Cave, Fleetwood Mac spring to mind I'm sure there's more...

I blame the rolling stones with their astronomical prices the other year.

£100 for a day ticket at both V and Leeds/Reading

so in terms of value for money that breaks down out at about what, £50 for a headliner, £25 for a sub, £5 for each other act if you see five, miles better value for money than £70 for just Foos and Royal Blood

Edited by Zac Quinn

so in terms of value for money that breaks down out at about what, £50 for a headliner, £25 for a sub, £5 for each other act if you see five, miles better value for money than £70 for just Foos and Royal Blood

£50 for foos,

£25 iggy pop

£10 royal blood - cause they're gon be huge

£85, £15 less than required ;)*

*this is a joke, £60 is what it should be

It's not just them or them and Iggy Pop though; there will be more added as I believe the events start at 4pm. Does seem odd that the prices have jumped up so much from the MK Bowl prices though.

for wembley i guess it could just be royal blood, iggy pop & the foos as in 2008 they had either Futureheads & supergrass OR against me & supergrass

It sets a dangerous precedent I think, people will never be happy until they're playing the pub down the road from them.

'I will have to drive for at least 5 minutes to see them, it's disgusting how bands favour the road adjacent to mine, what's wrong with my road? lets get a kickstarter going to pay for a taxi so they can come to me'

I don't see what's wrong with travelling to gigs, I enjoy having a night out in a different city.

Fucking hell, have you ever been to a gig in Nottingham? That's a city that hates non city folk.

Try and drive out of Nottingham after a night at rock city. I've been 20+ times and I still get lost

£50 for foos,

£25 iggy pop

£10 royal blood - cause they're gon be huge

£85, £15 less than required ;)*

*this is a joke, £60 is what it should be

for wembley i guess it could just be royal blood, iggy pop & the foos as in 2008 they had either Futureheads & supergrass OR against me & supergrass

Oh right. Did it still open mid-afternoon then?

Either way, I never really see it as paying for the supports as it's still a Foo Fighters gig, and they're at a point where they can charge that money and everyone goes home happy. The show won't be far off three hours anyway.

For some reason I can imagine Wembley would be more costly to the promoter/rent than MK Bowl. Maybe its just the natural increase in ticket prices were going to face :-(

I think its just ticket inflation. its the sad reality. once these shows stop selling out on mass maybe the price will start to fall a bit at the top end but for now i think its here too stay.

Oh right. Did it still open mid-afternoon then?

Either way, I never really see it as paying for the supports as it's still a Foo Fighters gig, and they're at a point where they can charge that money and everyone goes home happy. The show won't be far off three hours anyway.

yeah think it opened from 4pm-ish, not really sure as got there from 6 onwards or something. yeah they played 2h30 at wembley last time i think... so not too bad.

even if wembley is more expensive than MK bowl... think they're selling 85kish tickets not 60-65k (whatever the mk bowl capacity is) so really they can make up the cost with the extra tickets. just think its a dickish move to be more expensive than the rest of the tour.

and as for notts.... been to gigs there and not got lost. hey, i've been to sheffield and managed to find my way to the gig and back to the station quite well.

yeah think it opened from 4pm-ish, not really sure as got there from 6 onwards or something. yeah they played 2h30 at wembley last time i think... so not too bad.

even if wembley is more expensive than MK bowl... think they're selling 85kish tickets not 60-65k (whatever the mk bowl capacity is) so really they can make up the cost with the extra tickets. just think its a dickish move to be more expensive than the rest of the tour.

and as for notts.... been to gigs there and not got lost. hey, i've been to sheffield and managed to find my way to the gig and back to the station quite well.

Sheffield is a piece of piss, but I've been to that great city to the home of football on many occasions.

BTW leadmill best venue in the country

• Upvote 1

Sheffield is a piece of piss, but I've been to that great city to the home of football on many occasions.

BTW leadmill best venue in the country

This I can vouch for, just love that place. Just wish more acts I like play there :lol:

The only thing to rival it in Sheffield is the small room in Corporation, the only problem with it is that it is a Corp and it is a bit shit but the drinks are cheap

Edited by justanothername

Wouldn't surprise me if Wembley has put their rent pricing up for gigs etc considering the lack of gigs there over the summer compared to the year before

but wasnt that partly to do with their liscence being number of events instead of gigs being named explicitly (though there was a lack of stadium bands touring last summer)