Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Could they just be talking about the fact the foo fighters have played sunderland before? In 2005 radio one had the 1 big weekend in sunderland and the foo fighters headlined the saturday.

It'll be that. Radio 1 big weekend gets announced around April time I believe. You hear about leaks from official sources a few hours or days before announcements are supposed to come out but never 6 months before.

I still reckon they'll be there at the weekend anyway and that's why the tours been split into two.

It'll be that. Radio 1 big weekend gets announced around April time I believe. You hear about leaks from official sources a few hours or days before announcements are supposed to come out but never 6 months before.

I still reckon they'll be there at the weekend anyway and that's why the tours been split into two.

I found out last years one was in Glasgow around this time last year

I have no idea whether it was mentioning a previous R1BW, but if it was would the video have disappeared?

also no idea where its to be held next year.

it was suggested that they are playing r1bw, not that its being held at the SoL*

* since I have no proof of any of this take with huge pinch of salt like I said in my last post.

the only thing i've seen about it is this from ODLF but obviously the video was taken down

There's a video on the "What's on at the SoL" Facebook page where the commercial director for SAFC claims the band are also playing Big Weekend the day before Sunderland (so May 24th). This wasn't previously announced was it? Quite a funny leak if so.

not on either of them, but they have 3 days to either scrap it or confirm it (by the 17th).

the way they've acted though, I'd tell them to sod off (check the #nomoretouts and foofightersuk twitter feeds, ridiculous).

besides as soon as they got it viral who's to say touts didn't snap up half the ticket options... as it went from about £10/15k to £150k within a day.

it would cause too many issues with more people trying to do the same, and they'd either have to say no to all or it would piss off others a lot.

not on either of them, but they have 3 days to either scrap it or confirm it (by the 17th).

the way they've acted though, I'd tell them to sod off (check the #nomoretouts and foofightersuk twitter feeds, ridiculous).

besides as soon as they got it viral who's to say touts didn't snap up half the ticket options... as it went from about £10/15k to £150k within a day.

it would cause too many issues with more people trying to do the same, and they'd either have to say no to all or it would piss off others a lot.

I thought the original point of the one in America was to get them to play their hometown that they hadn't played in a while or something? Birmingham is hardly starved of good gigs is it?

I thought the original point of the one in America was to get them to play their hometown that they hadn't played in a while or something? Birmingham is hardly starved of good gigs is it?

cause they hadn't played there since 1998.

however Birmingham hasn't been since 2007, but its just because they were pissy that all the small shows in september were all in and around london probably.

its a copycat campaign, however they are just acting like spoilt brats having a tantrum - not to mention all the people who have said it was a bad idea getting verbally abused over twitter at points.

it would open a can of worms if it went ahead, it was a great idea for a one off thing like that, but it could become very silly very quickly if this one went ahead.

ps who wants to start a kickstarter for them to play in my back garden? capacity of 50 but you can all put money towards it anyway :rolleyes:

Kickstarters for gigs are a bit weird aren't they? I mean, the money doesn't come out of their bank until everything's confirmed does it (??), but what if a load of those people can't go on the date that the band books? Then surely a load of tickets are being sold off second hand.

I was listening to the Scroobius Pip podcast with Sage Francis last night and they were discussing it too and hwo it doesn't really work for an artist.

I guess it would work if the artist did it for one off shows like a "Hey we have a date free on the 15th of June, we can either play X market or Y market - put your money where your mouth is and we'll come there", but I dunno, all seems a bit weird...

It sets a dangerous precedent I think, people will never be happy until they're playing the pub down the road from them.

'I will have to drive for at least 5 minutes to see them, it's disgusting how bands favour the road adjacent to mine, what's wrong with my road? lets get a kickstarter going to pay for a taxi so they can come to me'

I don't see what's wrong with travelling to gigs, I enjoy having a night out in a different city.

• Upvote 1

cause they hadn't played there since 1998.

however Birmingham hasn't been since 2007, but its just because they were pissy that all the small shows in september were all in and around london probably.

its a copycat campaign, however they are just acting like spoilt brats having a tantrum - not to mention all the people who have said it was a bad idea getting verbally abused over twitter at points.

it would open a can of worms if it went ahead, it was a great idea for a one off thing like that, but it could become very silly very quickly if this one went ahead.

ps who wants to start a kickstarter for them to play in my back garden? capacity of 50 but you can all put money towards it anyway :rolleyes:

Fucking hell, if Brummies feel aggrieved they should try living in Wales. We get missed off of most major arena tours! Even worse for those in North Wales as the South is the only area with any real venues!

Edited by Mouseboy11

Fucking hell, if Brummies feel aggrieved they should try living in Wales. We get missed off of most major arena tours! Even worse for those in North Wales as the South is the only area with any real venues!

thing is, I could appreciate it if it was someone in Wales starting it, even if to raise awareness then the band play there - even if it isn't a kickstarter.

hope they don't do it so it kicks the idea to the curb.

I'm in nottingham when the gigs are - guess i'll have a strop and demand they play there instead of travelling should I? ;)

thing is, I could appreciate it if it was someone in Wales starting it, even if to raise awareness then the band play there - even if it isn't a kickstarter.

hope they don't do it so it kicks the idea to the curb.

I'm in nottingham when the gigs are - guess i'll have a strop and demand they play there instead of travelling should I? ;)

I'm in Bristol at uni and generally we have a good load of tours pass through. Just lacks a big arena really (although supposedly one is in planning). However, most bands I really want to see I'll travel to London/Birmingham. I'd probably go along to a few more arena shows if there was one closer but anything I really want to see I go anyway.

Kickstarters for gigs are a bit weird aren't they? I mean, the money doesn't come out of their bank until everything's confirmed does it (??)

I think a lot of them use Paypal, who will take the money and hold it as soon as you pledge. If the date and everything is confirmed the money is then released to the organisers, if not it gets refunded.