Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking just that.

A thread all about Hidden Glastonbury will achieve nothing but making anything hidden common knowledge and that will probably ruin the feel of the 'hidden' places - not that I found any last year!!.

We all need new secrets. And then keep them to ourselves.

• 4 months later...

Can't remember the name of the bar (think it's the one between West Holts and Bella's Field. On the Wednesday last year I asked if they sold cocktails. The girl behind the bar said, yes, but through the secret door. After a minute or so we found it, walked through and sure enough there was a secret cocktail bar. It had just opened and was super cool. We had it all to ourselves as we were the first to find it. Smelled of fresh mint and lime and the Mojitos were lovely. The exit door was concealed too and could only be accessed from the inside. Love places like that!

Has anybody ever managed to find the hidden grotto?

WVa6sff.jpg

I've only managed to find it once and that was completely by accident.

AqiEhI2.jpg

goodness nose what's behind that small door at the back? some magic artifact perhaps? or the ticket making goblins?!

Im not bothered by any of the secret bars etc but this looks magical and I've never seen it. Can anyone help me with a location? Please pm me if you can.

I've never joined a queue at Glastonbury over 5-people long. Life's too short.

If you refuse to join a queue that hypothetically takes 5 mins to get in. And you walk to the next venue which takes 10 mins to walk to you've lost 5 mins of life

If you refuse to join a queue that hypothetically takes 5 mins to get in. And you walk to the next venue which takes 10 mins to walk to you've lost 5 mins of life

Why would anyone want to queue for an hour to get into a bar where you have to pay an extortionate amount for a drink? How good are these hidden bars? I'm starting to think they are orgies, but everyone's using codewords to be discrete.

I remember queuing for "somewhere" in the SE corner and so glad I did the venue was awesome. And was a perfect end to my favourite night of any Glasto.

Also queueing 1 in, 1 out twice for Stonebridge bar to see Baggy Monday's. Which is another of my best memories of Glasto.

But on the other hand queueing for an hour to see the Frankie Knuckles tribute and then getting told the venue was at capacity and wouldn't let anymore people in. That was frustrating!

So I suppose it works both ways. Queues are a gamble that we must all decide to take or not haha.

I love the real life jukebox.. not sure where I saw it but there is basically a full band crammed in a tiny caravan with a glass front - you pay a quid and pick a song and they play it!!

Anyone any idea if this is still going and, if it is, where abouts it is?