Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

That's what I thought. Have taken kids since 2008, they are now teenagers and want to cram as many memories and firsts in before they dump me and explore alone . Have had a charity bin painted this year for the first time for us to hunt down, but just wanted any tips or recommendations . 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/1/2015 at 7:58 AM, tullux said:

i do not know if this was a hidden area, but in any case a strange room.

we entered the london underground, walked down the corridor and found

an open door from one of the apartments there.

going throug we have been in a total white kitchen, but the contures of all itemes

were painted black. like in a comic book.

we were able to open the door of the fridge and managed to go through it.

there was another corridor, which endet outside in a kind of smoking area.

crazy!

They had like a live theater thing when you had a choice of red & blue pill and the actors guided you through & the actors knew your names somehow...it was very disturbing  

4 minutes ago, northernbro said:

+1 for finding the dragon on our wednesday/thursday afternoon bimbling

It's very easy to find. Walk into Kings Meadow, look over to the left before the stone circle and you'll see a pathway into the bushes by the wooden fences. It's down there.

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

It's very easy to find. Walk into Kings Meadow, look over to the left before the stone circle and you'll see a pathway into the bushes by the wooden fences. It's down there.

And just beyond that is the Piano Bar, with the most un-Glasto like door policy on site.  

28 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

on a serious note - I think the Piano Bar may change it's location each year (I could be wrong) so no one would know until the festival.

The current incarnation started in 2007 or 2008 (I think 2007 because I remember mud), and it's not moved at all since then..

I believe there was a previous incarnation located somewhere else in the Green Fields, but that was before my time.

53 minutes ago, Herbee said:

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone recommend any must see secrets? Want to find the dragon this year, and the piano bar, any hints or tips on how to get there? 

Fortunately for you those two are pretty much next to each other. Go to Kings Meadow and look up towards the stone circle. Walk to the left side of the field and you'll see a path which crosses a small bridge. Under that bridge is a brook that goes into the stone dragon which is in the trees (depending on when you go, there'll almost certainly be some people hanging around so you'll know you're in the right place).

The "underground" piano bar is the first thing you come to if you follow the path across the bridge - it's carved into the side of the embankment underneath the fence and is accessed through the metal pipe (at least that's how it's been for the last few years). There's almost always a queue for it, so again, you'll know you're in the right place. Enjoy.

4 minutes ago, musky said:

And just beyond that is the Piano Bar, with the most un-Glasto like door policy on site.  

Indeed. Avoid that place on a point of principle. I'm all for fun door policies like SnakePits 'tattoo only' policy but Piano Bar is just out of place. It's 'legend' far outweighs the reality judging from what people who've made it in have said to me too. 

Ahhhh, what a shame on piano bar door policy. Going to search it out anyhow, thanks for everyone help. Just have to make sure we are not too distracted yet again to find it and the dragon. Bumble fm can drag us in, and a few hours have gone before you know it! 

I dunno, when we found the Piano Bar in 2013 there was a queue but anyone who could successfully climb on top of a table, swing round underneath & up the other side was being allowed straight in.  Nobody achieved it that I saw but good entertainment watching people try, all very good natured... :D

2 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

What is the policy?

That if you don't like them being as obnoxious, abusive and rude to you as they feel like at any given minute then you're not getting in. What makes me laugh the most is how desperately hard they try to seem all bohemian and counter cultural, but when it comes down to it they're no different to the worst, sleaziest mainstream club. They tried to make the girls in our group jump the queue so there were more women inside, and when it became apparent we wanted to stick together they tried manhandling them to the front. The whole thing nearly kicked off and we all ended up leaving.

12 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

That if you don't like them being as obnoxious, abusive and rude to you as they feel like at any given minute then you're not getting in. What makes me laugh the most is how desperately hard they try to seem all bohemian and counter cultural, but when it comes down to it they're no different to the worst, sleaziest mainstream club. They tried to make the girls in our group jump the queue so there were more women inside, and when it became apparent we wanted to stick together they tried manhandling them to the front. The whole thing nearly kicked off and we all ended up leaving.

Wow, that's terrible :(

What year was that?  In 2013 it was a girl & a guy on the door & as mentioned earlier, was all good fun.  Maybe we just got lucky when we went there... Thursday evening IIRC.

22 minutes ago, Herbee said:

Starting to think it might be not suitable to the different and exciting side of Glastonbury I wanted to show kids. Might stick to the dragon. 

Show them the tunnel under the railway line that runs between Greenpeace and Permaculture...often nice light installations in there and its a decent shortcut ^_^

Never done the Rabbit Hole or the Piano Bar, not hugely interested in going to either, if I happened across them and they looked good I would of course take part. But with a site the size of Glastonbury there are always things, that the majority wont find/don't know about, that aren't supposed to be secret but when you do find you feel you've found something special. Last year not too long after the festival my mates and me visited the site and hid something there, plan is to meet up and see if we can find it during the festival this year, will be a lot of fun looking even if we can't.

Thanks for the tip parson jack . Will search it out. If anyone reading this thread has young teens, last year we went to copperdollar on Wednesday evening, would really recommend . Proper friendly glasto vibe, we all got in a coffin and were painted up as skeletons, but not too packed out as it was the Wednesday.