A new Prince thread!

Guest mattyc1965

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it makes him more likely

I'd say it doesn't.

As far as I know, he's spurned both of Glastonbury and Hyde Park, preferring instead to do his own thing. Probably on the advice of his manager, who from what I hear is ... erm ... not the usual manager type. ;)

There's perhaps a slight possibility that he's decided to do Glastonbury as well as these venue shows, but I'd have thought the dates would have properly tied in if that was the case.

I really don't care anymore, I liked his music but had no idea until this years rumours what an actual arse the bloke is.

I'm not really that fussed usually about musicians being arseholes (I like Kanye's music for example), but I'm not having pissing about with my favourite festival.

Be off with you!!

Edited by Badlands

I really don't care anymore, I liked his music but had no idea until this years rumours what an actual arse the bloke is.

I'm not really that fussed usually about music being arseholes (I like Kanye's music for example), but I'm not having pissing about with my favourite festival.

Be off with you!!

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

Can't believe noone else sees what's really going on here. Clearly he just wants to go as a punter - scored tickets in the resale on Sunday, set up these gigs at the last minute to pay for the trip, and leaves himself with a few weeks to pick up a tent, gather supplies, cider, start decanting his liquor into plastic bottles, etc.

Makes you think, that maybe Eavis couldnt announce Prince, as Prince wanted the next set of shows to have an exclusive.

I went to the Saturday night gig in Manchester. I can honestly say it was the best gig I've ever been too. He did three hours. 6 encoures. Consisting of a set-list of 40 tunes.

Prince had a fantastic rapport with the crowd. I was on a post-gig comedown for a fortnight after.

If he plays Glastonbury we're in for a treat.

And being honest, Prince has always been on by gig tick off-list but prior to hearing him with his New Band, 3rd Eye Girl.

His current sound is as close to seeing Hendrix as you're going to get.

Really hope Prince headlining happens!!