A new Prince thread!

Guest mattyc1965

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We are still hesitating about the second night headliner at the moment,” Michael added.

“Two or three bands are capable of it. We are trying to get confirmation of the band of our choice.”

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/somerset_news/11162996.FEATURE__Michael_Eavis_talks_Glastonbury_Festival/?ref=var_0

hmmmmm.... :sclerosis:

this is very much like the last few years

its NOT going to be U2 ect ......well it was till he fell off the stage and the gorillaz stepped in [ and where bad lol ]imo

then last year it was is it or is it not the stones and im sure we where lead to believe they were not playing

this seems to me the same i thinking prince will play and a good time will be had by all ....or nearly all lol imo

I think it was Prince they were meant to sub on the Sunday, then Saturday's headliner falling through meant they then wanted Prince for Saturday night and Kasabian were bumped up. It was Arcade Fire that was supposed to have replaced Fleetwood Mac.

I'd take all that with a pinch of salt though really. Kasabian agreeing to sub seems really kinda off to me, having headlined everywhere else.

You shouldn't. It's not so often that I get good in-depth background and a whole trail of circumstances, but this is one of them.

I could definitely see Metallica up against Kasabian. I can also see them being perfectly happy to sub another act, especially at this festival. The last time I saw them they were subbing AC/DC at Download in ' 91 and that worked very well for them. It would actually make a lot of sense - if they flopped no big deal. If they win the crowd over they are invited back to headline with both parties feeling confident.As I have said elsewhere, having a serious metal band headlining is an off the scale risk for the organisers because there is no precedent and the audience is just not used to seeing metal at Glastonbury. Things might be different if they had tried out more bands like Saxon, Motorhead and Judas Priest over the years but they haven't so they are in uncharted territory.

Seriously? You reckon this is still going on? Surely they're 95% the Pyramid by now? Is it just Prince who would play the Pyramid if Metallica was on Other, or could it be someone else? FM? Anyone else?

Makes the problems finding a headliner in 2008 look pale in comparison (although it's nice to have sold the tickets this time!)

what i mean is, that Metallica playing on the Saturday (and not another day) is an almost certainty.

Whether or not Glasto have made a set-in-stone decision over the Pyramid headliner as yet I don't know. My own suspicion is that stuff might get swapped around up-until the point that the "contractual reasons" act is announced in May. After that time, if Prince is not a part of that same announcement I suspect all chances of Prince disappear.

what i mean is, that Metallica playing on the Saturday (and not another day) is an almost certainty.

Whether or not Glasto have made a set-in-stone decision over the Pyramid headliner as yet I don't know. My own suspicion is that stuff might get swapped around up-until the point that the "contractual reasons" act is announced in May. After that time, if Prince is not a part of that same announcement I suspect all chances of Prince disappear.

Urgh. I'd love to see him there, but when I read that kind of thing, it makes me want him to delay so much that Glastonbury goes ahead with somebody else, then he tells them at the eleventh hour that he'll do it, and they tell him to fuck off.

from the conversation I had with Emily about where something much like that happened with another festival and Prince, I got the impression it would pan out like that at Glastonbury too.