Manics

yehbutnobut

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in two minds about this one. Up for it, but in my experience MSP don't translate well when playing big/outdoor shows. That Holy Bible Cardiff Castle gig attracted the worst kind of drunken w*nkers that only a big Manics gig in Wales can. I think that effect would be compounded for Everything Must Go.

Edited by admscott

I had such a hard on for the Manics when they first burst onto the scene in a flurry of Brandy and Babycham. Any band that wore charity shop fake fur coats and wanted to be Hanoi Rocks were good in my books... oh how it all went so horribly, middle of the road, boringly wrong.

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Thing is plenty will want it. Loads of people got into manics through everything must go and discovered the better stuff retrospectively. 

I loved it at the time but you are right a lot of the songs haven't aged well at all. 

I posted before reading your previous message. I agree with you. Full album shows are shit, apart from very specific albums with particular reasons for doing so. This just seems like a cash grab. Weird really. 

Even when my beloved flaming lips did a full album show I didnt enjoy it much.

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

"MSP, SFA, PSB. OMG!" would also be acceptable.

14 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I don't think Jackmaster, Eats Everything, Skream and Seth Troxler are playing this gig.

Excellent :D

To be honest, I think they could have got away with just playing a lot of the 'big songs' from Everything Must Go, will be a bit shite in comparison to THB I'm sure. 

I think they're resting a bit after the 2013/14 releases, so I'll let em off I think.