Manics

yehbutnobut

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got as far as page 20 on this thread tonight and gave up and fast forwarded to this post.

I saw the Manics 30+ times from the release of GATS to EMG due to an obsessed Mrs. Including the NME stage (other stage) set on the Friday in 94 at Glasto which was a half empty field, as everyone was watching Rage Against The Machine and The Levellers on the Pyramid, but still rocked with a great mix of fake fur blokes and lasses, old punks and crusties. Air raid sirens as they entered the stage. Balaclavas and camo gear. Nicky's infamous rant. It had everything you would want from a Manics gig. The first Friday night of my first ever Glasto. Nights like that, live with you forever. Still easily in my top 5 gigs of all time, and I've seen a few.

I was at the recent Manchester Albert Hall gig (while my mates were in Rome watching City) and THB was brilliant. Part 2 was OK but could have been better. I attend with my ex from all those years ago. it was emotional for so many reasons.

Fingers crossed for a John Peel THB set next summer.

For the record The Manics should have cashed their chips in after Design For Life.

Ps - Did Zoo Music Girl ever rattle Scruffy bloke? Some serious flirting going on early on in this thread.

Edited by burnageblue

• 2 months later...

They are doing THB later in the summer, no? Not out of the question yet, but it's unlikely.

They are, in Japan (August I think). However, these quotes don't fill me with confidence...

"I'd like to look at doing something like the three Astorias [referring to the band's previous 1994 gigs at the London venue]. I'd like to do an American tour of it because we never took it to America and Japan. Obviously Richey disappeared so it would be drawing a line under that as well."

But... they said that in August 2014, after playing the festival and before they even arranged THB shows. I still reckon they'll headline JP, in the gap between Cardiff and Latitude it is more than possible. No exclusivity bullshit for Latitude either, which I reckon they'd have been eager to claim if it was true.

Edited by GlastoSimon

They are doing US tour dates of THB in the Spring, then the Cardiff gig is the first weekend of June, and they have announced several other HB-only shows at festivals over the summer. I'm still hoping for a Peel headline set and won't give up until the ruddy lineup is announced and ripping it away from me!

They are doing US tour dates of THB in the Spring, then the Cardiff gig is the first weekend of June, and they have announced several other HB-only shows at festivals over the summer. I'm still hoping for a Peel headline set and won't give up until the ruddy lineup is announced and ripping it away from me!

Where are the HB only shows over summer? The only 2 shows at all i can find are latitude which has no mention of it and balckheath in september which I can't see mentioning being HB either

I thought theyd end the whole thing with a big last gig at cardiff castle tbh

Where are the HB only shows over summer? The only 2 shows at all i can find are latitude which has no mention of it and balckheath in september which I can't see mentioning being HB either

I thought theyd end the whole thing with a big last gig at cardiff castle tbh

All the ones in the lead up to Cardiff and Summer Sonic in Japan over August are HB shows. But I'd be surprised if the others weren't 'HB heavy'.

I'm only thinking Glastonbury might be an option because they weren't even doing the HB shows when they played last year, and Glastonbury '94 was quite an iconic (infamous maybe?) gig on the original tour.

Also, I don't think they're being given long enough slots to play the album in full - I'm sure they'd be given adequate time headlining JP.

It probably won't happen, but they've got some time to fill between Cardiff and Latitude so why not?

• 1 month later...

I thought I was having to miss this tour due to being busy for the Southampton and Cardiff gigs and the other ones were right in exam time. I just got my exam timetable though and I finish a few hours before the Wolverhampton gig so I guess I can go to that.
Just went on seetickets and standing for it isn't even sold out yet. Happy days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Everything Must Go 20th anniversary shows in May are gonna be announced tomorrow.

How do you know? Would be epic! :)

Edit: just found some possible hints on twitter, sounds like they're going to the US.

Edited by Robinn

20 minutes ago, Robinn said:

How do you know? Would be epic! :)

Edit: just found some possible hints on twitter, sounds like they're going to the US.

Oh I've only just seen the tweets. :D But yeah, I don't actually know anything, but I'm pretty sure there are gonna be May gigs (or just one gig?) announced soon and Nicky and Sean are on radio this week and May is the twenty years on from the the release of EMG, for which they suggested they'd do an anniversary tour so the dots can be joined from there.

The tweet seems to confirm that thinking is right and suggest that the Liberty Stadium would be the venue for it.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh I've only just seen the tweets. :D But yeah, I don't actually know anything, but I'm pretty sure there are gonna be May gigs (or just one gig?) announced soon and Nicky and Sean are on radio this week and May is the twenty years on from the the release of EMG, for which they suggested they'd do an anniversary tour so the dots can be joined from there.

The tweet seems to confirm that thinking is right and suggest that the Liberty Stadium would be the venue for it.

Fingers crossed for that one!