Manics

yehbutnobut

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/11/2015, 23:07:19, Scruffylovemonster said:

Plus everything go doesn't stand the test of time as well as nostalgia remembers. 

Yes there's some belters on there, elvis impersonator, girl who wants to be god,removables etc. But everything must go, Kevin carter, Australia aren't as good as you remember. Yes it's a good album and it's obviously the last of the truly decent manics albums, the journal notwithstanding, but it is still patchy. And I'm not sure it deserves a full album show. The holy bible gigs were amazing. Would have preferred generation terrorists gigs to these.

And for me this is the day that I think they have finally sold out. 'when you do nostalgia album gigs you are no longer relevant' to paraphrase mr wire. 

The shit singles they've churned out over the years I never saw as selling out cos I honestly thought they believed in them. 

The holy bible retrospects were slightly different cos a lot of tracks were never played live, Richie's disappearence etc etc. 

This is the last straw that broke the manics' back for me. 

Will i be there?

With that line up - I'll be there with fucking bells on. But I'll also know it's the final death throw of a band that saw me through my formative years. And I'll love every fucking minute. I'll just feel dirty inside afterwards. 

Think I agree with everything scruff said.... and agree with Russy that full-album shows are just wrong....

But have been looking for an excuse to go back to Swansea for ages - and this is going to be it.... :)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Platt073 said:

I can see a Glastonbury performance again!  Let's have an evening performance on Pyramid or Other Stage!,

I can as well, but given the setlist of these album shows with the other hits they have done on THB for eg, I wonder if these are the random Legends slot?, it fits the set time that would be needed that a Pyramid 3rd or Other sub wouldn't give them. Not sure they would be on Other again as Glasto don't seem to book that way but Other header as a shorter set would be great.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Manic Street Preachers won't be the legend slot gazza, come on that's two Leftfield even for you to suggest

To be fair, my suggestions on where bands would play is generally good but with MSP, obviously I wouldn't expect it but given the amount of songs they did on the other album tour generally, it was only slot to fit that many. I did mention Other header in fairness, I gueas if they only did an hour mind, it would make their tour much more worthwhile buying into. I think I'd attend wherever it was.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

To be fair, my suggestions on where bands would play is generally good but with MSP, obviously I wouldn't expect it but given the amount of songs they did on the other album tour generally, it was only slot to fit that many. I did mention Other header in fairness, I gueas if they only did an hour mind, it would make their tour much more worthwhile buying into. I think I'd attend wherever it was.

They've not done anything in two years to merit a) being bumped up two slots to other header or b: legend slot 

I don't think they'll be there personally, it's not impossible to vision them headlining JP, but il stick with they won't be back so soon

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I can as well, but given the setlist of these album shows with the other hits they have done on THB for eg, I wonder if these are the random Legends slot?, it fits the set time that would be needed that a Pyramid 3rd or Other sub wouldn't give them. Not sure they would be on Other again as Glasto don't seem to book that way but Other header as a shorter set would be great.

Just playing the album on the Pyramid would be fine I reckon - an hour, maybe the Alt J type slot or just any other time really. 

15 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They've not done anything in two years to merit a) being bumped up two slots to other header or b: legend slot 

I don't think they'll be there personally, it's not impossible to vision them headlining JP, but il stick with they won't be back so soon

You are correct tbf, they haven't and they probably won't be. I doubt they'd be JP header though. That was a strong top 3 other, strongest I may have seen recently, Jake Bugg, Pixies and MSP. I could only see Pyramid 3rd down tbf which I'd gladly take.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just playing the album on the Pyramid would be fine I reckon - an hour, maybe the Alt J type slot or just any other time really. 

Yeah you're right, it would make sense not to do the same set tbf at Glasto.