NIN are at the top of my wish list but yeah, reckon they'll do Glastonbury (which still suits me as i'm more than likely going there as well)

i kind of hope the third headliner isn't dance oriented as many suspect. like has been said, Rob tends to mix it up lineup wise, so a dance act going into another dance act doesn't seem like something he'd do. really hoping for a wild card that nobody saw coming (although a much better one than Fatboy Slim last year, which was a wildcard but for all the wrong reasons)

Doubt it will be, with them touring Europe pretty extensively early summer. Plus I'd say they're bigger than Outkast.

also, with the 'bigger than Outkast' thing, i think Rob was more just trying to stop people's hopes of stuff like Prince, Bowie, Daft Punk etc - ridiculously huge acts. i still think an act the size of NIN, Pixies (a Other Stage at Glastonbury sized headliner) could be on the cards

well with it being a thursday you can guarantee the turnout will be massive as people will go just because there's very little else on

if I was a beck fan i'd be disappointed with a thursday billing as you are very likely to have a lot of people there who dont really care that much

speaking about bad crowds the stuff announced so far doesnt fill me with joy for what the crowd makup will be, which has been steadily declining in quality for many years now. it will appeal a lot to the younger audience with foals, disclosure, sam smith, london grammar but none of them are my cup of tea at all.

well disclosure are alright...

Edited by Memory Man

Yeah, to be honest I thought it'd be Chase and Status until finding out Major Lazer would be subbing the third headliner.

Having said that, not really sure who'd be right to go after them who isn't an EDM artist..

Major Lazer played before Arcade Fire in Australia the other week. Rob said he couldn't get them but they're as far from an EDM act as you could get.

it's pretty good. a lot of the names are pretty run of mill for anyone who's been to festivals in the past 2-3years but hopefully some of the the more niche gems will creep their way in like - de la soul, wu tang, sigur ros, the roots, caravan palace etc.

yeah i think they have to announce this type of mass-appealing act to begin with to draw in the initial ticket buyers (what with all the festivals announcing bits of their lineups in the last few weeks) and then the smaller / niche acts (who excite me the most) come later!

Great announcement!! It tempts me again!

Beck, Outkast, Foals, Wild Beasts, Major Lazer, Chvches are big draws for me and even Disclosure will be okish :D I hope this doesn't mean it will be the opposite way around to last year where I thought the big acts were a bit meh for me personally but the undercard was decent.

Now just to find people to make the journey with :P

it's pretty good. a lot of the names are pretty run of mill for anyone who's been to festivals in the past 2-3years but hopefully some of the the more niche gems will creep their way in like - de la soul, wu tang, sigur ros, the roots, caravan palace etc.

This is how I feel currently.