love this new announcement. Beck!!! Foals aren't the most inspiring headliner but i think a lot of people saw that coming. and Caribou, Chvrches, Major Lazer, Disclosure, Wild Beasts and Sam Smith all make up a fantastic start to a lineup for me

as for the final headliner, i have no idea. Bestival's always been one for curveballs / doing what nobody ever expected, so it could be literally anybody

why are people so sure Major Lazer are subbing the Sunday? (i've only seen the lineup poster - not any of the announcements)

You're joking right? Major Lazer subbing a dull singer-songwriter?

I'm still hoping for Skrillex.

I wasn't saying I wanted him, just that it seems likely he'll be there.

I've Just realised Major Lazer are subbing the Sunday though, so yeah perhaps not. I hope it's not Skrillex, Rob tends to mix things up so I'm not so sure it will be a "dance" headliner to be honest.

why are people so sure Major Lazer are subbing the Sunday? (i've only seen the lineup poster - not any of the announcements)

"Also guaranteed to send the Main Stage crowd into total frenzy, but this time on Sunday evening, will be the incomparable Major Lazer! Playing before our as yet to be revealed Sunday night headliner, Diplo, Jillionaire and Walshy Fire will be bringing the big cannons, firing off lashings of dutty dancehall and bountiful booty shaking bass. With their Apocalypse Soon EP due to drop later this month, you can expect plenty of super fresh and upfront behaviour to get you Pon De Floor from one of dance music’s most adventurous live acts." - http://2014.bestival.net/news

It certainly makes acts like Pixies, Portishead etc a lot less likely that's for sure. Imagine Major Lazer into Portishead :sarcastic:

if on drugs you could both have the euphoric come up and the grinding comedown in the space of three hours!

something like Chase & Status is looking more and more likely (although i very much hope not - ever since somebody mentioned Nine Inch Nails i can't get that glimmer of hope out of my head, regardless of how very unlikely)

if on drugs you could both have the euphoric come up and the grinding comedown in the space of three hours!

something like Chase & Status is looking more and more likely (although i very much hope not - ever since somebody mentioned Nine Inch Nails i can't get that glimmer of hope out of my head, regardless of how very unlikely)

Rob keeps hinting about country & western... it's going to Dolly Parton.

Major Lazer followed by Dolly, imagine that for a comedown. :sarcastic:

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

He does? Where?

Dolly's doing a massive UK/Ireland tour this June & July, with a gap for Glastonbury. I very much doubt Rob would be able to drag her back over here in September.

I'm sure he mentioned something about it on Twitter? Maybe I've misread it.

I was actually joking about Dolly though. She's bigger than OutKast, I doubt they'd put Major Lazer on right before her & as you say her touring schedule makes it even less likely.

Disclosure into OutKast will be fucking phenomenal I reckon! And Foals were expected but that doesn't make them any less great.

Major Lazer on Sunday is a good booking, I think I'd rather they headlined Annie Mac Presents at the port but perhaps they'll be a good pick me up on Sunday like Chic were in 2013.

As for that Sunday headliner I could see it either being a dance headliner or someone like Diana Ross (how fucking great would she be!)

Beck you fucking beauty. What a Thursday headliner.

He's been added as a SR for EOTR. I hope you can contain your surprise at that.

I've Just realised Major Lazer are subbing the Sunday though, so yeah perhaps not. I hope it's not Skrillex, Rob tends to mix things up so I'm not so sure it will be a "dance" headliner to be honest.

Yeah, to be honest I thought it'd be Chase and Status until finding out Major Lazer would be subbing the third headliner.

Having said that, not really sure who'd be right to go after them who isn't an EDM artist..

He's been added as a SR for EOTR. I hope you can contain your surprise at that.

Yeah, to be honest I thought it'd be Chase and Status until finding out Major Lazer would be subbing the third headliner.

Having said that, not really sure who'd be right to go after them who isn't an EDM artist..

I HAD NOT SPOTTED THAT!

Hotdamn I hope that comes through.

Headliners are seriously temping me. Hope the fourth is NIN

Doubt it will be, with them touring Europe pretty extensively early summer. Plus I'd say they're bigger than Outkast.

The acts currently announced are definitely tempting though, even stuff like Outkast and Major Lazer that I'm not a fan of but I'd be curious to see. I think it will be a vast improvement on last year's lineup based on this start.