Okay well it deffo ain't Prince:

Mitch Nunn @Nunney321 17h

@Bestival PLEASEEEEEEEEEE be prince

But this is interesting:

1. Bestival @Bestival 17h

Our #Bestival14 Desert Island Disco Sunday headliners announced - 7pm tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/o2FEeHlohg

If it really is a "disco" act, then Chic would be a major disappointment, given that they subbed last year. Kylie perhaps? I just can't think who else it would be.

What about Blondie?

Hmm, well they headlined the much, much smaller Camp Bestival in 2011, and now they're 3 years less relevant than they were then, so that would be a very disappointing Bestival headliner. And yet, I can sort of see it happening.

Oh well, whoever the headliner is, good or bad, we've got this to look forward to:

1. @Bestival Aside from tomorrow's Sunday headliner announcement, when are y'all releasing more of the line up?

2. @matthewhorwood should be another 2 announcements over the next week or so :)

Seeing as it's supposed to be a Desert Island Disco headliner, does anyone else get the feeling it's gonna be someone considerably smaller but the 'event' is gonna be a bigger thing, like the case of Fatboy Slim last year?

It could be a multi-act disco party like they had "headlining" the Saturday at Camp Bestival in 2012 (Kool & The Gang, Earth Wind & Fire and Chic all doing short sets).

But I hope not.

Seeing as it's supposed to be a Desert Island Disco headliner, does anyone else get the feeling it's gonna be someone considerably smaller but the 'event' is gonna be a bigger thing, like the case of Fatboy Slim last year?

i hope not. with it being the Sunday headliner, i.e. the climax, i hope / expect it to be a pretty special act. i guess attaching an 'event' to a smaller headliner would make it special but would be a bit of a cop out (and Fatboy Slim with the 'event' attached was to cover up for what was essentially a weak headliner, rather than it being the plan all along)

It could be a multi-act disco party like they had "headlining" the Saturday at Camp Bestival in 2012 (Kool & The Gang, Earth Wind & Fire and Chic all doing short sets).

But I hope not.

That'd sound about right but of course two of them have played very recently so I guess that works against it. The year for disco was probably last year with RAM coming out and Nile Rodgers' face everywhere you look.

i hope not. with it being the Sunday headliner, i.e. the climax, i hope / expect it to be a pretty special act. i guess attaching an 'event' to a smaller headliner would make it special but would be a bit of a cop out (and Fatboy Slim with the 'event' attached was to cover up for what was essentially a weak headliner, rather than it being the plan all along)

Well we don't know that wasn't always the plan but yeah I probably agree with that, and it'd definitely be sort of weak to finish on a DJ hosting a party or whatever.

I think it has sort of thrown up a mystery here as I don't reckon Chase + Status come anywhere near to the disco theme, so I guess I have no idea prior to the announcement. I do think this disco themed headliner has supplied the best opportunity yet for Frankly to get his wish and Cher or Chaka Khan to crop up. :P

with any other festival a hint like that would make it incredibly easy to guess but with Bestival there's such a wide range of acts it could be. i just hope it's not Chase & Status. i can't think of a more uninspiring choice (although of course i wouldn't particularly mind a night away from the main stage if something good is on elsewhere)

exciting news about two more imminent announcements as well!

has it been confirmed where Busta is playing? the way the lineup is shown on the main site makes it look like he's a sub (as he's before both Disclosure and Major Lazer who we know are subbing Outkast and tonight's headliner) so is he subbing Foals?

Main stage, Sunday afternoon/early evening. So presumably right before Major Lazer. Or possibly the slot before that.

Yeah, he is billed higher than Major Lazer on the website, but website order doesn't always equate to running order at Bestival.

Edited by smogo

I'd have said NIN were a good shout as a bit of a curveball before the twitter going on about the disco element.

Wouldn't have been them anyway. They seem to finish touring in June and played all the fests surrounding Bestival last time around, so they'd have have just been doing nothing for three months and then coming over for Bestival.

Edited by dentalplan

Very intrigued. The Bestival twitter says to 'think D.I.S.C.O', don't wanna clutch at straws but maybe it stands for something as well as being related to the genre perhaps? Just mainly because they put the dots in.

Probably not.

Edited by Zacko