ghandi

Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just watched that IDLES track on iPlayer. Let's be honest it sounded kind of dreadful, but at the same time it really doesn't matter.  That was just proper impressive to watch. Gutted I didn't get a ticket for Brighton.

Yeah it didn’t sound great, they’re actually a fairly tight live act though and aren’t always like that. They obviously wanted to show off a bit and fair play to them

Edited by Mouseboy11

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah it didn’t sound great, they’re actually a fairly tight live act though and aren’t always like that. They obviously wanted to show off a bit and fair play to them

TBH if you go to see a band like IDLES you're not really there for tight technical musicianship!

I would love a second camera for that just showing audience reactions :lol:

18 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

... and Idles will surely get a decent Other Stage slot / headline John Peel

hoping for an afternoon other slot then a late night set in SE corner is the dream

I'd rather see them in JPT than Other, think the atmosphere would be much better

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I would love a second camera for that just showing audience reactions :lol:

Who do you think Idles' typical crowd is? I think Lammo is the chief advocate of Idles so I suspect that the Later with Jools Holland crowd will have been well familiar with the band.

Decent article about IDLES' performance here https://louderthanwar.com/idles-jools-holland-later-victory-music/#.W6tdJtStok8.twitter Maybe a little on the nose but I like John Robb so I'm alright with it. I thought they were great but I've seen them put shifts like that in a couple of times live the last couple of years so I'm gonna have to disagree with the 'try hard' cynics (weird complaint to have anyway).

IDLES are clearly great and essential and relevant and everything else. They're also clearly not for me. I can understand the love for them, but (& I promise this doesn't mean to sound as patronising as it inevitably will) I did my sensitive yet shouty politically switched-on punk 30 years ago, and just can't get excited about it. That's my problem, not theirs and they're worth a million Slaves or whoever. Head and shoulders above the rest. Fair fucking play to them, hope they go on to conquer the world. And yeah, I fancy a 3rd from top of JP for them.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Who do you think Idles' typical crowd is? I think Lammo is the chief advocate of Idles so I suspect that the Later with Jools Holland crowd will have been well familiar with the band.

I dunno, I suspect it would have taken a fair few by surprise. Later performances aren't generally known for being that energetic

I'm all IDLES and all that.

But.

Song written, Take your hands off me...

• Like 1

I had a good chuckle at The IDLES, so can therefore conclude I was entertained. It was even funnier the second time, like watching that fat women falling off the stage during the 'Teen Awards'.

Music wise I've seen it all before though, generic, dull and predictable. There's loads of bands like this up and down the country churning it out in punk clubs/ events for the last 40+ years.

I immediately looked forward to laughing equally hard at some shite, badly written NME article saying it's the best thing ever happened. I wasn't disappointed: https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/idles-jools-holland-danny-nedelko-best-moments-2383585

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

like watching that fat women falling off the stage during the 'Teen Awards'.

Nothing in the history of all of time has been that funny. 

Edit

Maybe Madonna being dragged off.

Idles did 'Samaritans' as their second track on the extended show.

Edited by Mouseboy11

Muse beaming in tomorrow night. Thinking it’ll be equal parts unmissable/unwatchable. 

NoGSo you got 12 guitars. The shows only 30 minutes long.. Git.. 

Muse. Whining... He's getting worse with each new album.. Jimmy Somerville on backing vocals.. Crap 

Laurel... Not sure.. Not bad.. Someone wants to sort out the girls dressing room.. 

JG.. Alright so it's slinots cousins... Could grow on ya.. The masks that is 

Bollox... 

Hamaz.... Rubbish.. But I said that about Laura Mvula

Couldn't be bothered.. Hate jazz 

Fair play brilliant singer charlie boy voted best crooner I believe 

Rest was shit.. Oh wellllllllll 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:09 PM, Retro P said:

Muse beaming in tomorrow night. Thinking it’ll be equal parts unmissable/unwatchable. 

The only part of it that I thought was of note was the brass section during the first song. *sigh *

Next jacob rees mogg and borris and a load of bollox 

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

The only part of it that I thought was of note was the brass section during the first song. *sigh *

Better than the 12 guitars imo old son.. 

On 9/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

Idles did 'Samaritans' as their second track on the extended show.

Looking back at both performances this is the one that should’ve got shown, less showboating but pure power. It’s gets me big time. 

• Like 1

Loving Jon Cleary.  And always good to see John Grant who I fell in love with in 2016.  Would like to see him return next year.

Disturbingly, I actually liked the song Muse did with the trombones on Tuesday. Normal service was resumed for their other stuff.