Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

i reckon the Stones will have quite a few guests on with them at Glastonbury. they're at the best festival in the world, packed with performers who would give their left nut to be on stage with the Stones, and have a bucketload more who are just a phone call away who also know that an appearance on stage with the Stones at Glastonbury will do wonders for their record sales. so i'd expect maybe three / four guests + Mick Taylor to come on with them. and i agree that Florence will more than likely come on to do Gimme Shelter again

Edited by FloorFiller

Lisa Fischer is on tour with them and can holler with the best of 'em.

"Some woman or other" not your best work on here btw squire.

well I just mean it is 100% certain they'll bring a flavour of the month female pop act on for that bit, be it florence and the machine, jessie j, rita ora or whatever. All that sort of garbage can be labelled "some woman or other". There is not a chance in hell of it being a credible female vocalist. No chance at all.

Setlist from Chicago last night:

Set list

1- Get Off of My Cloud

2 - IORR

3 - Paint it Black

4 - Gimme Shelter

5 - Wild Horses

6 - Rocks Off

7 - Emotional Rescue

8 - Six Days on the Road w/ Taj Mahal

9 - Doom and Gloom

10 - One More Shot

11 - Honky Tonk Women

12 - You Got the Silver w/ keith

13 - Before They Make me Run w/ keith

14 - Midnight Rambler w/ Mick Taylor

15 - Miss You

16 - Start me Up

17 - Tumbling Dice

18 - Brown Sugar

19 - Sympathy for the Devil

ENCORE

20 - You Can't Always Get what You Want

21 - Jumping Jack Flash

22 - Satisfaction w/ Mick Taylor

Gotta say I would love to see She's a Rainbow, Angie, It's All Over Now and Ruby Tuesday. Otherwise it's a cracking setlist!

Surprised no ones mentioned local girl Joss stone as a potential guest.

I really believe Macca is a maybe, thinking that for months. Also, surely Jack White.

3 song mini set list... Don't loose the casual fans, at least do Ruby and Rocks Off (a dig/nod to Primal Scream)

Joss Stone? Please god no! Didn't she do some "supergroup" thing with Jagger a while back? Makes it alarmingly possible...

Joss Stone? Please god no! Didn't she do some "supergroup" thing with Jagger a while back? Makes it alarmingly possible...

I expected that response. But she can sing.

I just hope it's Lisa for Gimme Shelter.

Has Bowie as a special guest definitely been ruled out? I fear if it happened it could go very wrong. Macca or Bowie and stones fans would be so pissed to have missed that.

Is anyone else still shocked that this is actually happening? That the rolling stones are actually playing glastonbury...

I am definitely in shock. They were in the pile of bands I thought I was doomed to never see live with the Beatles,Pink Floyd and LedZep!

Is anyone else still shocked that this is actually happening? That the rolling stones are actually playing glastonbury...

Yep.

When the Scream finish and that powerpoint slide on the screens says, bold-as-brass-matter-of-fact "On next - The Rolling Stones" I'm probably going to shit myself.