Films

Rufus Gwertigan

I went to the pics for the first time in ages Monday and went to see "the Lobster" What a cracking film too, really enjoyed it. Narrowly beats In Bruges for Farrell's best ever film for me and also great for him after the fuck up that was true detective 2.

Just finished the staff viewing of Spectre (what a time, hey?) 

it was fucking abysmal in my eyes. Finally when i thought they had the formula for this current generation of Bond perfect, they take five steps back. Full of cliches and predictable plot lines. Honestly worse than Quantum of Solace for me. And that was a 3/10

Saw Spectre last night, and the more I think about it the more annoyed I get by it. It had all the ingredients to be a great Bond film but managed to piss it all up a wall with terrible dialogue, poor editing and generally poor filmmaking. I wont spoil anything and I do think it has its moments, but it could have been right up there and isn't.  

How did I miss Margin Call? Cracking film really enjoyed it. 

It really slipped under the radar.  I saw it about a year after release and despite raving about it since and it being on iplayer recently no one ever seems aware of it.  

I saw TGT's post yesterday, when I was thinking "what shall I watch?", clicked on netflix, knew nothing about it other than netflix synopsis. watched it, loved it. Probably a lot closer to real goings on than most of us would dare to imagine.

Watched Spectre last week, enjoyed, its not a total mess but the pacing and trying to homage older Bond flicks is a bit off.

Mainly the train scene to be fair.

Also does DC bond really need to go rouge again,t hats every movie at some point now?

That said when it is good, its fucking fantastic.

Watched Spectre last week, enjoyed, its not a total mess but the pacing and trying to homage older Bond flicks is a bit off.

Hidden Content

That said when it is good, its fucking fantastic.

Hello Tom

My boss went to see it and appeared generally disappointed about it as an experience. I wonder if this view is common? I've not read about any reports of how it's doing so am in self enfored ignorance. I'm not really in to the James Bond thing so will probably never watch it. I haven't seen at least the last one yet as it is.

Hello Tom

My boss went to see it and appeared generally disappointed about it as an experience. I wonder if this view is common? I've not read about any reports of how it's doing so am in self enfored ignorance. I'm not really in to the James Bond thing so will probably never watch it. I haven't seen at least the last one yet as it is.

Yeah a few people are, From what I've seen  it depends if you was more into the old style bond films before they rebooted it with the current actor Daniel Craig playing Bond or if you got into them since then and like its a bit more gritty/'realistic'.

Plus its not as good as the last one I don't think.