Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Dont forget the force is made of Dark and Light. To bring balance to the force one must balance light and dark. The Jedis idea of balance is not exactly balance now is it? Its pretty much one extreme of the force in the same way the Sith aspire the opposite extreme. I dont know too much about the prophecy and where it comes from (only what is said in the flicks) but I call bullshit on the prophecy. 

11 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

BTW there is a school of thought that Rey may be related to Obi-wan. She did after all hear his voice in the "awakening" part. But that is probably a stretch.

I could see that, Obi Wan just pissing about in a cave waiting for Luke to grow up for 20 year seems less likely than him having a life and wetting his wick.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

BTW there is a school of thought that Rey may be related to Obi-wan. She did after all hear his voice in the "awakening" part. But that is probably a stretch.

maybe she was in jedi academy as a nipper with Yoda and Obi Wan as teachers

Yeah, fuck spoiler tags for Star Wars eh?

on another note, creed is utter fucking shite. Rocky for the "everyone is a winner for taking part" generation.

I watched creed with my son who is 11. I told him at the end it was garbage, he said he liked it, so I made him watch rocky IV. His reaction at the end of that? 

"Can we watch rocky III dad?"

I rest my case.

Edited by t8yman

5 hours ago, t8yman said:

Yeah, fuck spoiler tags for Star Wars eh?

on another note, creed is utter fucking shite. Rocky for the "everyone is a winner for taking part" generation.

I watched creed with my son who is 11. I told him at the end it was garbage, he said he liked it, so I made him watch rocky IV. His reaction at the end of that? 

"Can we watch rocky III dad?"

I rest my case.

Haha I loved it.

More on "Creed". I was a bit drunk, and typing on my iPad last night.

I thought it was a very poor effort while watching it, but following it up with watching Rocky III and IV highlighted its lack of quality even more.

I mean the finale fight was a loss to a split decision ffs!

if they are trying to build a franchise - they are barking up the wrong tree imho. The training montage(s) was/were dull, the new "urban" soundtrack was forgettable. there were even tiny teasers of the original rocky theme music sprinkled in here and there, but it never happened. In the originals, the training montage always built to a crescendo as rocky finally climbed the steps at city hall/made it to the mountain peak in IV etc. In this - he runs along the street, tailed by a load of herberts on quad bikes, pulling wheelies, then he jumps in "victory" as he reaches a none existent line on the street.

I never cared about the love interest, and the attempts to make her flawed were so weak.

And the finale fight footage was horrible, the crowd were obviously greenscreened in (i know the details of when and where it was shot) and it all just felt incredibly "done on the cheap".

save yourself 2.5 hours (yes seriously, it was 2.5 hours) and watch rocky.

Edited by eFestivals
to add the spoiler tag

The screener of Joy has a chunk missing :(

Fantastic film though, very much in love with the working class american films that David O Russell has been making and this is just a feel good blast with a great supporting cast. I wouldn't say that Jennifer Lawrence's lead role was a stand out performance but Bradley Cooper is mesmerising during the relatively short screen time he gets.

Hoping the spoiler tag works here:

Snip...it didn't

Edited by Spindles
Couldn't use spoiler tags

8 hours ago, t8yman said:

More on "Creed". I was a bit drunk, and typing on my iPad last night.

I thought it was a very poor effort while watching it, but following it up with watching Rocky III and IV highlighted its lack of quality even more.

Hidden Content

if they are trying to build a franchise - they are barking up the wrong tree imho. The training montage(s) was/were dull, the new "urban" soundtrack was forgettable. there were even tiny teasers of the original rocky theme music sprinkled in here and there, but it never happened. In the originals, the training montage always built to a crescendo as rocky finally climbed the steps at city hall/made it to the mountain peak in IV etc. In this - he runs along the street, tailed by a load of herberts on quad bikes, pulling wheelies, then he jumps in "victory" as he reaches a none existent line on the street.

I never cared about the love interest, and the attempts to make her flawed were so weak.

And the finale fight footage was horrible, the crowd were obviously greenscreened in (i know the details of when and where it was shot) and it all just felt incredibly "done on the cheap".

save yourself 2.5 hours (yes seriously, it was 2.5 hours) and watch rocky.

Creed...

edit: spoilers not working

Edited by When Jokers Attack