Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Spoiler

Luke is Kylo Ren :P

YAY its working!

Off to see a 2nd showing of Star Wars tomorrow actually, had some vouchers expiring so hoping it lives up to the first viewing!

So that Obi Wan film? Apparently not part of the Anthology, but an Obi Wan trilogy! 

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/06/the-obi-wan-kenobi-spin-off-movie-rumor-lives-again-as-a-trilogy/

Not sure how I feel about this unless, his as suspected by some,  more important to the sequels than we think.

Edited by LondonTom

19 hours ago, LondonTom said:

So that Obi Wan film? Apparently not part of the Anthology, but an Obi Wan trilogy! 

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/06/the-obi-wan-kenobi-spin-off-movie-rumor-lives-again-as-a-trilogy/

Not sure how I feel about this unless, his as suspected by some,  more important to the sequels than we think.

It's reported on BleedingCool, so my advice is to bet against it happening. Made-up news + baiting people with Frank Cho drawing titted women, that is BleedingCool's shtick.

On 1/8/2016 at 7:20 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's reported on BleedingCool, so my advice is to bet against it happening. Made-up news + baiting people with Frank Cho drawing titted women, that is BleedingCool's shtick.

But I want to believe! (I've seen it on a few sites tbf)

TFA is still ace on 2nd viewing, maybe better as you look out for everything else than the call backs to the original trilogy :P And even more convinced Kylo Ren is a total badass.

Partly cause of those Obi Wan rumours, but when Maz talks to Rey about her future and tells her to leave her past and family behind, and her future is with Luke (I can't remember the exact phrasing now!) but to me it sounded like her future was with Luke not her family. So i reckon she is like Obi Wan's granddaughter or something, at least not related to Luke directly. (and you really notice both Obi Wan's in her vision saying "Rey, These are your first steps"

None of the sadness/shock seems to have gone from Han's death on a 2nd viewing which is ace.

For fact fans; there's also a bit in the flashback where you hear Alec Guinness say "Rey", which they snipped out of another word from an old recording of his voice. Yoda's voice is in that flashback as well, it's just supposed to be big players in the force world talking to her, supposedly Yoda and Obi Wan can still drift around and haunt shit like they do.

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

For fact fans; there's also a bit in the flashback where you hear Alec Guinness say "Rey", which they snipped out of another word from an old recording of his voice. Yoda's voice is in that flashback as well, it's just supposed to be big players in the force world talking to her, supposedly Yoda and Obi Wan can still drift around and haunt shit like they do.

I thought that was signifying she was at jedi school when the shit went down (Star Wars Universe) - as a young child - "take her, and the boy too"

Edited by 5co77ie

7 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

I thought that was signifying she was at jedi school when the shit went down (Star Wars Universe) - as a young child - "take her, and the boy too"

Yeah, I think that's also inferred. That whole flashback scene is one big information dump, I'd guess 50% will turn out to be misdirection. The clues are there for who Rey is, but we have no way of knowing for sure until the next film. Personally, I think she'll turn out to be something dangerous that needed to be hidden, that'll be a nice counterpoint for Kylo Ren. At the end of The Empire Strikes Back, it turns out that who we thought was the heart of gold hero of the film, is actually the heir of the number one evil wizard, I can see something like that happening with Rey. Mind you, I don't want it to mirror the OT too much now. For me, The Force Awakens' callbacks will only be rewatchable in years to come if the rest of the trilogy takes entirely its own direction. If it's the first of a clone trilogy, the fun will be taken away. The Force Awakens must serve as a goodbye to the original trilogy.

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, I think that's also inferred. That whole flashback scene is one big information dump, I'd guess 50% will turn out to be misdirection. The clues are there for who Rey is, but we have no way of knowing for sure until the next film. Personally, I think she'll turn out to be something dangerous that needed to be hidden, that'll be a nice counterpoint for Kylo Ren. At the end of The Empire Strikes Back, it turns out that who we thought was the heart of gold hero of the film, is actually the heir of the number one evil wizard, I can see something like that happening with Rey. Mind you, I don't want it to mirror the OT too much now. For me, The Force Awakens' callbacks will only be rewatchable in years to come if the rest of the trilogy takes entirely its own direction. If it's the first of a clone trilogy, the fun will be taken away. The Force Awakens must serve as a goodbye to the original trilogy.

Just out of interest, who do you think the boy was? or was he not in this film?

57 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Just out of interest, who do you think the boy was? or was he not in this film?

Which boy are we talking here? The one we see the Knights Of Ren slicing up in the flashback? Reckon he's just a random Jedi kid who got the nasty end of Kylo's crucifix, I don't think he's got massive significance, could easily be proven wrong though.

12 hours ago, jump said:

I watched Spectre and fucking hell the baddie plot twist is fucking cheap and adds nothing. 

It was exactly like the Benedril Bandersnatch reveal in the second Star Trek film, everyone knew who they were really going to be as soon as the casting was revealed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they have brought the character into the modern films and I hope that in later appearances Christoph Waltz will get a chance to shine, but I felt his appearance was weak in this film.

48 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It was exactly like the Benedril Bandersnatch reveal in the second Star Trek film, everyone knew who they were really going to be as soon as the casting was revealed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they have brought the character into the modern films and I hope that in later appearances Christoph Waltz will get a chance to shine, but I felt his appearance was weak in this film.

aye it was a shit and obvious reveal, and Waltz was totally underused (and his character/motives/final plan were all actually pretty crap). hoping they bring the real menace of what Blofeld is supposed to be all about in the next one (all things seem to be pointing to his return)

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Which boy are we talking here? The one we see the Knights Of Ren slicing up in the flashback? Reckon he's just a random Jedi kid who got the nasty end of Kylo's crucifix, I don't think he's got massive significance, could easily be proven wrong though.

from the flashbacK "take the boy, and the girl too..." (the girl must be Rey, but who is the boy?)

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

That's not what has annoyed me about it...

it's that Bond and Blofeld are now brothers, it's not fucking needed at all and adds nothing as you don't give a shit about Bond's past and you've not seen anything of either's past to care about it so it's just ends up being this hamfisted plot twist. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

aye it was a shit and obvious reveal, and Waltz was totally underused (and his character/motives/final plan were all actually pretty crap). hoping they bring the real menace of what Blofeld is supposed to be all about in the next one (all things seem to be pointing to his return)

I don't understand why they did it like that anyway, it makes sense for the marketing but in the film when he first meets Blofield, why not just admit it? 

(And yeah what jump said about them being Brothers, makes no sense, they didn't even bother with some flashbacks or anything)

3 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

from the flashbacK "take the boy, and the girl too..." (the girl must be Rey, but who is the boy?)

Ben? Mind I don't remember hearing and in this fairly crapy quality version you can't either:

10 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

Ah, afraid I must of somehow missed that. I'll keep an ear open in viewing #5 on Saturday. At a guess, I'd assume the boy could be Kylo/Ben. But Finn did also say he was snatched from a family he'd never know, there's every possibility he could have had a mindwipe job and everybody assumed him to be dead. Would be a decent explanation for him being the one trooper who rebelled.

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Ah, afraid I must of somehow missed that. I'll keep an ear open in viewing #5 on Saturday. At a guess, I'd assume the boy could be Kylo/Ben. But Finn did also say he was snatched from a family he'd never know, there's every possibility he could have had a mindwipe job and everybody assumed him to be dead. Would be a decent explanation for him being the one trooper who rebelled.

Oh I like that about Finn!  That would be fairly satisfactory actually!

The Razzie are in and for some reason I enjoys these more than the Oscars;

WORST PICTURE

• Fantastic Four
  • Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Jupiter Ascending
  • Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
  • Pixels

WORST ACTOR

• Johnny Depp, Mortdecai
  • Jamie Dornan, Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Kevin James, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
  • Adam Sandler, The Cobbler and Pixels
  • Channing Tatum, Jupiter Ascending

WORST ACTRESS

• Katherine Heigl, Home Sweet Hell
  • Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Mila Kunis, Jupiter Ascending
  • Jennifer Lopez, The Boy Next Door
  • Gwyneth Paltrow, Mortdecai
  • WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

• Chevy Chase, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation
  • Josh Gad, Pixels and The Wedding Ringer
  • Kevin James, Pixels
  • Jason Lee, Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip
  • Eddie Redmayne, Jupiter Ascending
  • WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

• Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer
  • Rooney Mara, Pan
  • Michelle Monaghan, Pixels
  • Julianne Moore, Seventh Son
  • Amanda Seyfried, Love the Coopers and Pan

WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL

• Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip
  • Fantastic Four
  • Hot Tub Time Machine 2
  • Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
  • Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
  • WORST SCREEN COMBO

• All Four “Fantastics,” Fantastic Four
  • Johnny Depp and His Glued-On Moustache, Mortdecai
  • Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Kevin James and EITHER His Segue OR His Glued-On Moustache, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
  • Adam Sandler and Any Pair of Shoes, The Cobbler

WORST DIRECTOR

• Andy Fickman, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
  • Tom Six, Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
  • Sam Taylor-Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Josh Trank, Fantastic Four
  • Andy and Lana Wachowski, Jupiter Ascending
  • WORST SCREENPLAY

• Fantastic Four (screenplay by Simon Kinberg, Jeremy Slater and Josh Trank, Based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (screenplay by Kelly Marcel, Based on the Novel by E.L. James)
  • Jupiter Ascending (written by Andy and Lana Wachowski)
  • Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 (screenplay by Kevin James & Nick Bakay)
  • Pixels (screenplay by Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling, Story by Herlihy, Based on a Work by Patrick Jean)
  • RAZZIE REDEEMER AWARD

• Elizabeth Banks (RAZZIE “Winner” for MOVIE 47, Multiple Hit Movies This Year)
  • M. Night Shyamalan (Perennial RAZZIE nominee & “winner,” director of The Visit)
  • Will Smith (For following up After Earth with Concussion)
  • Sylvester Stallone (All-Time RAZZIE Champ, award contender for Creed)