Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

13 minutes ago, northernbro said:

picture is vegan eats from The Parsnip Ship up at the park

also enjoyed annie maes mac and cheese, no bones jones, piggy smalls

best meal was from gandhi's flip flop - will be returning there first next year 

couldn't find the cheese truck :(

IMG_1894.JPG

Never tried it.  Added it to the list!

Apparently there are two cheese trucks.  The one I know is at the top of Big Ground next to the medical centre, and I'm sure someone knows where the other one is.

Edited by Quark

4 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I had the all-day vegan brekkie from the Parsnip Ship - highly recommended.

Question - do they do vegan sausages and pretend bacon, or is it all the good stuff without fake meat? Not a fan of it as you can guess :)

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Now here's a question for you.  What foodstuff would you like to see make an appearance at Glastonbury? New food stalls crop up every year, so what would you like to see make an appearance?

Agree with you on the Chinese. It's all a bit rubbish there, but would love some dim sum, some Sichaun or Hunan stalls or even stuff that resembles standard local takeaway would be an improvement in some respects.

There's not many hangovers that could withstand a big bowl of spicy intestine soup/hot pot. Though that might not be a best seller...

20 minutes ago, Untz said:

Agree with you on the Chinese. It's all a bit rubbish there, but would love some dim sum, some Sichaun or Hunan stalls or even stuff that resembles standard local takeaway would be an improvement in some respects.

There's not many hangovers that could withstand a big bowl of spicy intestine soup/hot pot. Though that might not be a best seller...

Hell of a way to clear your pipes out in the morning!

10 hours ago, Quark said:

Question - do they do vegan sausages and pretend bacon, or is it all the good stuff without fake meat? Not a fan of it as you can guess :)

No fake meat, all scrummy goodness! The "sausages" were made from leek and potato from recollection...memory blurred from drinking a lot of non-vegan wine.

I haven't tried that fake bacon stuff for about 15 years. I assume it hasn't got any better?

12 hours ago, Quark said:

Never tried it.  Added it to the list!

Apparently there are two cheese trucks.  The one I know is at the top of Big Ground next to the medical centre, and I'm sure someone knows where the other one is.

The other one is opposite the Shangri-hell stage 

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

No fake meat, all scrummy goodness! The "sausages" were made from leek and potato from recollection...memory blurred from drinking a lot of non-vegan wine.

I haven't tried that fake bacon stuff for about 15 years. I assume it hasn't got any better?

Dunno, never touched it!  I've had "veggie sausages" before and they just leave me massively disappointed.  I think when it comes to veggie / vegan food (I'm neither but I do eat a lot of both) that pretending its a sausage / bacon (a) kind of defeats the point, and (b) is never a better option than actual natural food.  So yeah, a leek & potato sausage sounds amazing!

18 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

The other one is opposite the Shangri-hell stage 

Bingo. Ta muchly.

Is there a really good burrito place in Avalon, I think it would have been near the EE tent thing? Was highly intoxicated, but I need to find it again.

There was also an incredibly hot girl with purple hair nearby selling like gin or tequila slush cocktails which were immense.

Ahhh. Purple hair girl.

What would you say is the best area for food? Maybe not the best stall, but best area for overall quality. 

I've always liked the offerings in The Park, but last time out thought that the food around the bandstand/Williams Green was great. 

I went looking for some bubble & squeak this year but couldn't find any, there was meant to be a place near or in the Park. I guess I didn't look hard enough. Would love somewhere that does decent Indian food, I'm the only 1 in our house who prefers Indian to Chinese, so I'm always outvoted. I'd be happy with just a decent korma or maybe one of those mixed kebab starter meals were you get the spicy sausage, 2 bhajis etc. Somewhere that does a fat roast dinner too, I'd be all over that.

Edited by Chimps in Balaclavas

35 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you're looking at the entrance to the Park from outside the park at the bottom of the hill, then the bubble and squeak place is in the row of stalls on the left (outside the park). 

Brilliant, cheers Scruff. I'll look out for it next year!

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

What would you say is the best area for food? Maybe not the best stall, but best area for overall quality. 

I've always liked the offerings in The Park, but last time out thought that the food around the bandstand/Williams Green was great. 

I really like the main drag through the Green Fields up into Croissant Neuf.  Gandhi's Flip Flop, Lynda's Loaf, Tiny Tea Tent, Buddhafield Cafe are all good :)

1 hour ago, Chimps in Balaclavas said:

Would love somewhere that does decent Indian food, I'm the only 1 in our house who prefers Indian to Chinese, so I'm always outvoted. I'd be happy with just a decent korma or maybe one of those mixed kebab starter meals were you get the spicy sausage, 2 bhajis etc. Somewhere that does a fat roast dinner too, I'd be all over that.

Dude, where have you been going?!  So much good Indian food!  Gandhi's Flip Flop, Thali Cafe, Peckish Peacock, Bhangra Bus....

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you're looking at the entrance to the Park from outside the park at the bottom of the hill, then the bubble and squeak place is in the row of stalls on the left (outside the park). 

Aaaand that's another one to try next year!

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I really like the main drag through the Green Fields up into Croissant Neuf.  Gandhi's Flip Flop, Lynda's Loaf, Tiny Tea Tent, Buddhafield Cafe are all good :)

Dude, where have you been going?!  So much good Indian food!  Gandhi's Flip Flop, Thali Cafe, Peckish Peacock, Bhangra Bus....

Aaaand that's another one to try next year!

Quarkage, where are those Indian stalls? Dotted around or in one region? I have a severe obsession with Indian food. I need to try these. 

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Quarkage, where are those Indian stalls? Dotted around or in one region? I have a severe obsession with Indian food. I need to try these. 

Ah now.  I confess now that I'm bloody awful at remembering where anything is! So anyone who wants to correct me feel free :)

Gandhi's Flip Flop is on the corner at the entrance to West Holts as you come up from Williams Green

Peckisjh Peacock is somewhere around Yeoman's Bridge

Thali Cafe is in the Craft Field

Bhangra Bus I can never remember - someone's gonna have to help me out with that one!

I think there's a dhosa stall knocking about somewhere as well

16 hours ago, northernbro said:

picture is vegan eats from The Parsnip Ship up at the park

also enjoyed annie maes mac and cheese, no bones jones, piggy smalls

best meal was from gandhi's flip flop - will be returning there first next year 

couldn't find the cheese truck :(

IMG_1894.JPG

What actually is that? as looks nice but wouldn't know what I was ordering there :unsure:

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah now.  I confess now that I'm bloody awful at remembering where anything is! So anyone who wants to correct me feel free :)

Gandhi's Flip Flop is on the corner at the entrance to West Holts as you come up from Williams Green

Peckisjh Peacock is somewhere around Yeoman's Bridge

Thali Cafe is in the Craft Field

Bhangra Bus I can never remember - someone's gonna have to help me out with that one!

I think there's a dhosa stall knocking about somewhere as well

You Sir, are a gent. Thank you for that. This will be screenshotted closer to June, ready for drunken, stoned searching! Might even have it as my background. Very excite.

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Is this sarcasm? Jerk and caribbean is probably more widely represented than any other. There's loads of stalls doing goat curry and jerk chicken with rice and beans. 

Haha really?!? 

I actually can't remember seeing many (maybe one) in previous years. 

I'm vegetarian so maybe a Caribbean place that doesn't only advertise goat curry and jerk chicken - there's not a lot of options at Glasto if you're a veggie 

(that's sarcasm ;) ) 

Edited by gmb1992

56 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Has there been anywhere that sells nice chicken satay skewers? I'm always on the hunt. It might change my whole Glastonbury experience if there is.

I got 2 chicken satay skewers on a bed of rice last year for about £7. It was good but not amazing. I'm not sure but i think the place was near the cider bus just off the pyramid field.

9 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Haha really?!? 

I actually can't remember seeing many (maybe one) in previous years. 

I'm vegetarian so maybe a Caribbean place that doesn't only advertise goat curry and jerk chicken - there's not a lot of options at Glasto if you're a veggie 

(that's sarcasm ;) ) 

I don't think there's many.

There's one on the right between meeting point and cider bus.
There's one on William's Green
From Williams Green, when you look across at the markets towards the gate at the lower end of the main drag, there's on just there.
And if you go thru the gate and then to the right into the markets, there's one down there on the right on the corner before the cut-thru back into the Williams Green markets field you've just come from.
(I'm crap at knowing the real names for the fields).

There was one in Shangri-la a few years ago, can't remember seeing it more recently, but that was the best of the lot (I think the rest are all a bit iffy), and served with a trademark Brum scowl too.

(there might be some on the other side of the site or in the park, but they're places rarely travelled by these feet)