Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

If I'm not too hungover I'll go to the green fields for a proper sit down and a massive veggie breakfast complete with hot drink in a ceramic mug - I find the ceramic helps with the delicate state of mind I often find myself in at that time. I wouldn't want one every day though.

I'll sometimes be on the hunt for a half decent bacon and carb option. There used to be somewhere in the Park that did a stellar bacon baguette (fairly generous portion of thick bacon, crusty light baguette), but I don't think it's there any more.

I think the trick is to be completely useless and roll out of bed as the stalls switch to lunch menus. Lazyitis wins again.

Edited by Untz

While that works, you still miss the first band (s) of the day.  I would generally recommend:

• Couple of cereal bars in the tent
  • Fruit / yoghurt / milk
  • First pint whilst watching the first band
  • Larger plate of proper food, washed down with a second pint
  • Third pint whilst watching the second band.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While that works, you still miss the first band (s) of the day.  

Or get up a bit later, eat the cereal bars on the way to the band and just postpone proper eating until after.

I've also been known to pick up food at 6am in the SE corner and eat it on the way back to tent. That puts off the morning hunger for a bit longer. It's non-breakfast food and as the stalls are shutting they are sometimes a bit more generous in their portion size. This relies on being in a coherent state and not enjoying the delights of hunger suppression drugs though.

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where do you camp?

Staying in Tangerine Fields for the first time this year so will be coming in via gate B towards the Pyramid Stage as I understand it. Should also mention that I don't eat meat, just to complicate matters further. 

Best breakfast last year was @Rubber Soldier's white Russian pre-mix + fresh milk from the stall. Sorted me right out. 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Staying in Tangerine Fields for the first time this year so will be coming in via gate B towards the Pyramid Stage as I understand it. Should also mention that I don't eat meat, just to complicate matters further. 

Best breakfast last year was @Rubber Soldier's white Russian pre-mix + fresh milk from the stall. Sorted me right out. 

It's the way forward as far as breakfast alcohol is concerned. My only mistake was not making more up than I did. 

Just now, Quark said:

Bloody Mary is the connoisseur's breakfast tipple of choice. But with all the trimmings. Plenty of tabasco to clear out one's pipes.

Nothing wrong with a white russian I should add.  Just not my preference.

I've never been a big fan of a Bloody Mary. Although it has been a long time since I tried one. Actually, I don't think I've ever had one properly made in a bar, it's usually a 10am-at-a-party type of drink that gets foisted on you because there's no mixer left. 

24 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Theres a lovely little cafe just inside the gate there on the right as you walk in. They do nice veggie bowls, superfood salads and great coffee. Really sorted my diabolical hangover out whatever day Robert Plant was playing. And provided shelter from the rain. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Theres a lovely little cafe just inside the gate there on the right as you walk in. They do nice veggie bowls, superfood salads and great coffee. Really sorted my diabolical hangover out whatever day Robert Plant was playing. And provided shelter from the rain. 

Sounds ideal, will give it a go. 

I was winning at breakfast last year.

Found this yellow vw camper that did burgers during the day and evening, but did a brilliant breakfast for a fiver.  I think it was their meal for a fiver deal.

Sausage patty, melted cheese, bacon and a fried egg in a brioche bun.

I will try and find a photo of it.

15 minutes ago, ChimpyJ said:

Found this yellow vw camper that did burgers during the day and evening, but did a brilliant breakfast for a fiver.  I think it was their meal for a fiver deal.

Sausage patty, melted cheese, bacon and a fried egg in a brioche bun.

That looks fantastic. Where abouts was it?

35 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bubble and squeak stall with poached egg and chilli beans or strumpets with crumpets both at bottom of park. Especially the former. 

Chorizo spinach fried potatoes beans and egg from tapas place near west hour. 

Bubble & squeak?  I am all over that come June. Great shout Scruff.

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Hoping the blue soup company will be there for 2017 after missing 2016.......best hangover food known to man, a big bowl of steaming cheesy mushroom soup with a massive wedge of bread.....heaven :)

They do nice toasties too.

52 minutes ago, st dan said:

That'll be tough as there isn't going to be a drop of rain this year! B)

Forecasters already predicting another washout I'm afraid. 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Bloody Mary is the connoisseur's breakfast tipple of choice. But with all the trimmings. Plenty of tabasco to clear out one's pipes.

Nothing wrong with a white russian I should add.  Just not my preference.

Had a few great bloody mary's in 2015 with smoked vodka ... took me a good hour to nurse one on a hangover but a good way to get yourself going again :D