Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

I had a hot dog from a place called Diamond Dogs between the Pyramid and Williams Green, looked good but was a massive disappointment. I ordered "The Boss" which had pulled pork and barbecue sauce, the pulled pork was bland and a bit dry, the bun turned out to have a little mould on the side and I got the shits shortly after. Terrible stuff, especially as I enjoy a good hot dog. 

As usual the food was fantastic, rarely have a bad meal at Glastonbury. Really missed Yam the Cassava this year but have to say that the gap was filled by possibly the best festival food I've ever had. Read about Madam Gautier's with its 12 hour beef Confit. Served with rice and al dente veg it was fantastic value at £8, I was impressed and noticed they were selling a sirloin for the same price. All my group went there the next day for Sunday dinner and were that impressed we returned for Sunday tea for the lamb fillet. All of the three meals I had were of restaurant quality and I couldn't believe they weren't busier, I'll put it down to a poor position.

If you're lucky enough to see them at a festival, they are definitely worth checking out.

IMG_20150629_160123

Don't have any pictures but found some amazing food this year.  Cheese and pesto foccacia from Lynda's loaf has been a must for the last 3 years but also found a really nice Farm Deli stall opposite the Kidz Field that done fresh subs along with a bakery that made fresh bread/ flapjacks etc. every day.  Also found an amazing fresh stonebaked pizza stall (you can see the pizza cooking in the open clay oven)- Pizza for the people I think it was called.  Only had 1 growler but needs must. 

Edited by AiiShotTheDJ

Forgot to get a picture but I hunted around for La Grand Bouffe and it was so worth it. 

The nicest sausage I have ever had, and with sautéed potato/veg type thing, white wine gravy and bread. 

They do another potato dish but it was full of French cheese which is not really my thing. 

4 minutes ago, wilem said:

This evaded me this year! It's #1 on my list for next year.... In Shangri-La right?

They had one at the top of Big Ground and one at the back of the Hell Stage. Both rather out of the way, I hope they're back on the beaten track next year. But it is tremendous 

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I went to the one in Big Ground (very back of the Pyramid) next to the Jesus tent. 

It was special.

Was that the toastie van?  Went there on Monday morning for breakfast, thikn standard cheese toastie was all they had left.  Proper US style grilled cheese sandwich, was bloody lovely.  Bit of a strange combo with that, coffee and a choc orange milkshake, but in my defence I had the munchies something chronic...

On 1 July 2016 at 9:42 PM, glastonburynoodles said:

As usual the food was fantastic, rarely have a bad meal at Glastonbury. Really missed Yam the Cassava this year but have to say that the gap was filled by possibly the best festival food I've ever had. Read about Madam Gautier's with its 12 hour beef Confit. Served with rice and al dente veg it was fantastic value at £8, I was impressed and noticed they were selling a sirloin for the same price. All my group went there the next day for Sunday dinner and were that impressed we returned for Sunday tea for the lamb fillet. All of the three meals I had were of restaurant quality and I couldn't believe they weren't busier, I'll put it down to a poor position.

If you're lucky enough to see them at a festival, they are definitely worth checking out.

IMG_20150629_160123

Where was this? Looks amazing!

29 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I should have taken a picture of my mountainous pile of onion bhajis from the South Indian Street food place at the meeting point.

Why does Glastonbury have a meeting point? Surely if people know they are gonna meet people somewhere, they can define the meeting point themselves?

On 01/07/2016 at 9:42 PM, glastonburynoodles said:

IMG_20150629_160123

Wasn't overly impressed with the food this year and felt i was getting ripped off most of the time (Probably my fault for not looking around a bit better).  But this place was amazing! It was in a bit of a crap position if i'm remembering correctly, it was tucked away a bit towards the right if you were walking through the market between the Pyramid to the Other stage.

We had the beef and not only was it delicious but there was loads of it as well! I've been used to getting hardly any meat in most of the meals but this had tonnes, filled me right up and was by far the best meal i had that weekend.

7 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Wasn't overly impressed with the food this year and felt i was getting ripped off most of the time (Probably my fault for not looking around a bit better).  But this place was amazing! It was in a bit of a crap position if i'm remembering correctly, it was tucked away a bit towards the right if you were walking through the market between the Pyramid to the Other stage.

We had the beef and not only was it delicious but there was loads of it as well! I've been used to getting hardly any meat in most of the meals but this had tonnes, filled me right up and was by far the best meal i had that weekend.

I got a text from a mate last night wishing that it was his local takeaway!

Did my usual thing of only eating one proper meal per day, once I start drinking bizarrely I lose my appetite. Next year I will have at least two meals per day, ticket pending, so I can make the most of the food on offer.

This year I had the Goan fish curry, a veggie burrito from the Mexican adjacent and a club sandwich from the Beat Hotel. The club sandwich was nice, the near hour wait was not.

9 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I should have taken a picture of my mountainous pile of onion bhajis from the South Indian Street food place at the meeting point.

It was so awe inspiring that passersby were drawn to it. Truly my bhajis brought all the boys to the yard.

I had a Bhaji's and a  Paneer wrap from here on Saturday morning!

Breakfast of champions! The Bhaji's were huge!!

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Did my usual thing of only eating one proper meal per day, once I start drinking bizarrely I lose my appetite. Next year I will have at least two meals per day, ticket pending, so I can make the most of the food on offer.

This year I had the Goan fish curry, a veggie burrito from the Mexican adjacent and a club sandwich from the Beat Hotel. The club sandwich was nice, the near hour wait was not.

Same here, one decent meal a day and a snack was all my body could take. It's almost as though I was subconsciously trying to keep the on board load down to ease the path through the mud

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are there any 'Indian' wrap places that don't use tortillas?

Got swizzled a couple of times by an unwanted taste of Mexico where there should be some crispy naan bread.

A mate who came with us knew the guys who ran Tibetan Kitchen. He swears by it.  I never went, but he went twice and never paid. (Probably why he swears by it)

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are there any 'Indian' wrap places that don't use tortillas?

Got swizzled a couple of times by an unwanted taste of Mexico where there should be some crispy naan bread.

The South Indian street food place in Williams Green was perfect, nothing Mexican about it, but the Mexican next door - Flying Cactus?, was superb too :)