Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Pizza place up next to the Tiny Tea Tent was superb.

Bakery at the bottom of the Kidz Field was mint as well and this place in the Theatre Field did a lovely brew 

image.jpeg

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

A mate who came with us knew the guys who ran Tibetan Kitchen. He swears by it.  I never went, but he went twice and never paid. (Probably why he swears by it)

I've eaten there before, but not strictly Indian though.

Just now, giantkatestacks said:

The south indian place had proper dosas. Not what you've asked for but authentic.

Don't think I saw that place.

Gonna call out Bhatti Wraps and the Indian Street Food place on the road from West Holts towards the Green Fields as Old El Paso offenders. 

Generally the stuff nearer the Pyramid and Other was either overpriced or poor quality, although the portions were decent enough. My other half was impressed about the amount of places doing decent coffee.

Forgot to mention Gandhi's Flip Flop, top notch as per, often frequented there at Kendal so was good to see them. They were nailed by the mud down in West Holts though

Sausage, Mash, Beans and Gravy in a Giant Yorkshire - very nice but slightly tricky to eat.

Ostrich Burger with JD onions - Was just what I needed at that point as a quick snack, very expensive for what it was though

Half a Chicken and Potaoes with Chilli Sauce from near Williams Green - Absolutly Beautiful!! Loved it.

Most of my breakfasts came from Strumpets with Crumpets or the Tea and Toast van next to it! Cheap prices and exactly why I needed.

25 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

The Yorkshires were pretty special. My friend was perhaps beginning to rethink his decision.

13495291_10157185448930571_2302010005123

I would never have been able to tackle THAT with a silly little wooden fork. I carried around my own stainless steel cutlery, and usually managed to find somewhere to sit. Otherwise, I'd have starved!

I'm now hungry - and it's all your fault!

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are there any 'Indian' wrap places that don't use tortillas?

Got swizzled a couple of times by an unwanted taste of Mexico where there should be some crispy naan bread.

The Delhii Dosa place. Not really a wrap, more a cripsy thickish pancake, doing the same job as a wrap but fucking lovely

8 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I also went for one of my favourites, Pizza Tabun.  Handmade in front of your eyes, and ready in a matter of minutes. 

The Chilli Special was excellent.  

IMG_0925.JPG

Where was that?

The wood fired pizza near the glade was excellent, but a tenner for 2 toppings. This is £3 cheaper!

10 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I had the ackee and saltfish (with plantain) from the same place.  Very good it was too

IMG_0949.JPG

Is that the one by Babylon Uprising?

Called in there just before they closed one night for the brown stew chicken and rice with plantain.  I got the scrapings off the bottom of the stew pan (worked for me!) but as they didn't think there was enough chicken they also threw in some jerk for me as well.  Happy Quark.  The only thing they didn't have was bammy bread, that would have properly finished my day off if they'd had that!

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gonna call out Bhatti Wraps and the Indian Street Food place on the road from West Holts towards the Green Fields as Old El Paso offenders. 

You're joking? This place? That disappointing. Didn't make it this year despite having marked it on Wednesday.

Zouk%20(2).JPG

Loved the yorkshire pudding. Had the "hungry festival goer" which was the giant pud, chips or mash, roast pork, a sausage, crackling and gravy. Asked for mine with mash. Nice guy at the stall asked if I'd like a few chips as well. I said sure. By the time he'd piled everything up, he'd forgotten he'd put the sausage in first, so not only did I get bonus chips, I got a bonus sausage too! Not cheap at what I think was £9.50, but well worth it - so filling! So stodgy! The pud on its own would be a decent snack!

Didn't eat from as many places as last year, but had a welsh oggie, the lamb one with mint sauce and gravy, lovely; and the steak baguette from the same place. Delicious.

Cheesy chips next to William's Green were extremely good for cheesy chips! Had a currywurst for lunch near there which was fine.

Other than that I ate from the Hare Krishna's twice! Very generous helping of vegetable curry, on Thursday came with a satsuma on the side, on Sunday we got poppadoms!

23 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I should have taken a picture of my mountainous pile of onion bhajis from the South Indian Street food place at the meeting point.

It was so awe inspiring that passersby were drawn to it. Truly my bhajis brought all the boys to the yard.

Was this the Peckish Peacock?

15 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are there any 'Indian' wrap places that don't use tortillas?

Got swizzled a couple of times by an unwanted taste of Mexico where there should be some crispy naan bread.

I forgot Zouk were there. I didnt go at the festival, but whenever I eat there usually (like now) they  dont have mexico's finest

17 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I also went for one of my favourites, Pizza Tabun.  Handmade in front of your eyes, and ready in a matter of minutes. 

The Chilli Special was excellent.  

IMG_0925.JPG

I've been buying pizza there at least once, usually twice for 11 Glastonburys and I never knew it was called Pizza Tabun! It's always just been 'the pizza in the yurt on the way to Avalon!'