Drive In Cinema

McCor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As fantastic as I'm sure it will be i fail to see how this will releave any pressure on the south east corner at all ? a few hundred people sat in cars isn't going to make much difference to the 1000's that head that way after the headliners are finished , unless part of a bigger plan to ease the pressure by other things going on around the site with a few different areas taking people away ? but isn't it great that Glastonbury continues to innovate and create new things , thats what I personally love and it brings me back knowing that its just going to be different again :)

12 hours ago, monkey1989 said:

Im sure it will look fantastic but watching films at the festival isnt really for me.

I will for sure check out what they have created though.

I'll be arriving on site a couple of days before gates open, and will definitely have a wander up there to have a look. Would people like a few photos posted, or would they prefer to wait and see it for themselves?

23 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I'll be arriving on site a couple of days before gates open, and will definitely have a wander up there to have a look. Would people like a few photos posted, or would they prefer to wait and see it for themselves?

post away it will help my decision making process :) , I'm sure it will be put on other  sites too , just like the sports scores it will be hard to keep away from especially if you don't want to see it !!

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

post away it will help my decision making process :) , I'm sure it will be put on other  sites too , just like the sports scores it will be hard to keep away from especially if you don't want to see it !!

Yeah, I'm just aware some people would rather not see things until they get there. Think I might put some pics in a new thread, with a title that makes it clear, so people can choose whether to have a look or not :)

Hopefully there will be quite a few shorts films. It's going to be a popular 'tourist attraction' /photo opp and short films will help the turnover. 

Plus if it's full length films, then i expect there will be some who'd love to sit down for the whole film as an experience but equally quite a lot who'll sit down at the start of a film....and then bugger off after about 20 minutes and thus have been'blocking' a car for a group who may have wanted to watch the whole film.

Short films 45-60 mins would be best with perhaps a full length film at 9 and 11pm?

21 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

As fantastic as I'm sure it will be i fail to see how this will releave any pressure on the south east corner at all ? a few hundred people sat in cars isn't going to make much difference to the 1000's that head that way after the headliners are finished , unless part of a bigger plan to ease the pressure by other things going on around the site with a few different areas taking people away ? but isn't it great that Glastonbury continues to innovate and create new things , thats what I personally love and it brings me back knowing that its just going to be different again :)

Meant to be the centrepiece of an area that also has stages with DJ's and stuff, I think?

Anyone remember that tiny dark cinema at the end of the cinema field....... I was off my rocker and walked in found a seat and after about ten minutes freaked out..... Nothing new there you think.......... Well I couldn't find the way out.. People were telling me shush lol not sure how we got out but never went back... 

It was when they showed the pirates of the Caribbean which didn't actually get shown cos of the rain...... 

I wander if the cars have a sun roof and wipers if it Rs

On 17/02/2017 at 3:46 PM, SPTFRE said:

I think Silver Hayes was pretty much the same last year as it has been since it's inception but I could be wrong. I guess any use of dead space is positive and as you say, some kind of alternative late-night entertainment is definitely required to divert the crowds away from Shangri-La

They've been on a slow campaign of continual improvement in the area since the days of the soulless trudge through an area of anonymous tented venues.  The Blues and Gully venues are good examples of the direction they seem to be taking and each time I return the place is a little better.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Just fucking book At the Drive-In.

In El Paso where ATDI are from, I ran past an "adult" drive in. Couples welcome, apparently. Christ on a bike, can you imagine the shit that goes down there? To be fair, I'm not sure I'd want to go in one of those cars after the first couple of films.

Edited by Superscally