2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

That HAIM track's alright yeah, fine but not particularly exciting, though they never really were aside from having a really god pop song with The Wire. Assume they'll have some similar pop bangers to follow that up with, feels like an album opener.

Edited by Mash011

New Sylvan Esso album is banging. 

And after seeing them last month at their free secret London show I'm basically in love with them. Would love them to be added, but looking at their tour schedule, although completely free, it would be unexpected. 

Little Cub's debut Still Life is out.

Their first tour was supporting Boxed In, which is where I saw them a couple months ago. The album was produced by Oli of their tour-mates too, and you can tell if you know Boxed In's stuff.

Lovely sounding synths as part of slick, darkly aloof songs, that make you wanna move your shoulders. Here's Loveless:

Finally just about recovered from Live at Leeds. Lots of great bands that'd go down a treat on the farm, the one that stood out though was HMLTD. Seen them mentioned on here didn't think much of them, couldn't get in somewhere else so them by accident and my god they completely floored me. Very very exciting stuff, made Moonlandingz look tame in comparison (which is hella impressive as they were great). I like to pit at gigs but couldn't take my eyes off them long enough to move.

Moonlandingz and Dead Pretties were great as well, IDLES sounded great from outside...

Front Lady from Big Moon self confirmed as well, they were great but I saw them the night before in manchester so wasn't so enthused.

That concludes my New Music sermon for this week.

On 28/04/2017 at 9:59 PM, mjsell said:

New Sylvan Esso album is banging. 

And after seeing them last month at their free secret London show I'm basically in love with them. Would love them to be added, but looking at their tour schedule, although completely free, it would be unexpected. 

I still have hope. They're small enough that there's still plenty of space for them to be added to the bill with secret set shenanigans unlike the likes of Elbow, Manic, Gorillaz etc.

i really hope Sylvan Esso appear... just started selling a November UK tour last week. (including enough gaps to do multi Shepherds Bush shows if first sells..)

I will be seeing them at Latitude mid July and they have have a small US tour ending mid June.. I think they will be this years Christine & the Queens..

Mid afternoon at The Park would be fantastic.

Jamming this lot's album all weekend - Los Angeles Police Department (terrible name). Really pretty, kinda like a piano driven Grandaddy thing or something kinda like Mercury Rev. Y'all very much need to hear them.

Also gotta shout out the new WALL (another dreadful name) album if you like a bit of NYC no wave type stuff, their first and final album sadly but get yer mitts on it. And finally White Reaper whose album I've been bumping for a month and it's just getting better and better; they've glammed up their garage punk since the last album and the results are awesome. Ok.

Edited by dentalplan