Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I was gonna do another one from scratch but couldn't be arsed so am just editing my last one to be more up to date with who's around at the time/is still a possibility (stole a couple of good suggestions from Matt's post earlier): 

Friday:

PY: Radiohead, The xx, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Clean Bandit, Kris Kristofferson
OS: The Weeknd, Emeli Sande, You Me At Six, Phoenix, The Shins, 
WH: Jamiroquai, Solange, Four Tet, Omar Souleyman, 
JP: Bonobo, Run The Jewels, Glass Animals, The Kills, Fat White Family, 
PA: Crystal Fighters, Teenage Fanclub, Local Natives, Sleaford Mods, Thee Oh Sees, 

Saturday:

PY: Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Van Morrison, The Specials, Christine & The Queens, 
OS: Alt-J, James Bay, Richard Ashcroft, Metronomy, Die Antwoord, Wild Beasts, 
WH: The Jacksons, Jungle, Anderson Paak, 
JP: The Flaming Lips, Circa Waves, Mastodon, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, 
PA: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Slowdive, Angel Olsen,

Sunday:

PY: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, The Maccabees, Diana Ross, Blossoms, 
OS: Bon Iver, London Grammar, Liam Gallagher, Father John Misty, Slaves, Mac DeMarco,
WH: Kraftwerk, The Avalanches, NAO, 
JP: Justice, White Lies, Wiley, Crystal Castles, Whitney, Parquet Courts, 
PA: Warpaint, Grandaddy, Real Estate, Alvvays,

Much like Matt I'm getting old and am not as 'with it' as I used to be, but I think I've filled the Other with a appropriate amount of crap.

Haven't the courteeners self confirmed?

radiohead v the weeknd v jamiroqui is disgusting

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead / The xx / Iggy Pop / A Tribe Called Quest / HAIM / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest

Other: The Weeknd / Emeli Sande / Courteeners / You Me at Six / Slaves / The Kills / Cage the Elephant / Feeder / Ocean Colour Scene

West Holts: The Jacksons / Toots and the Maytals / Anderson .Paak / Gallant / Samm Henshaw

John Peel: Liam Gallagher / The Hives / Everything Everything / Danny Brown / The Temper Trap / Tom Chaplin / Fat White Family / Hooton Tennis Club

Park: Fleet Foxes / Grizzly Bear / Regina Spektor / Anohni / Thee Oh Sees / Shura / Whitney / The Big Moon  / The Parrots

Saturday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / Lady Gaga / Lorde / Barry Gibb / Clean Bandit / Blossoms / Twin Atlantic

Other: Bon Iver / George Ezra / London Grammar / Laura Marling / The Shins / Circa Waves / Sundara Karma / DMA's / Spring King / Foy Vance

West Holts: Justice / Young Fathers / Empire of the Sun / Netsky / MØ

John Peel: The Maccabees / Run the Jewels / Crystal Castles / White Lies / James Vincent McMorrow / DIIV / The Wytches / Rag'n'Bone Man / Palace

Park: The Jesus and Mary Chain / of Montreal / Real Estate / Spoon / Poliça / Angel Olson / Agnes Obel / Honeyblood / The Lemon Twigs

Sunday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Royal Blood / Emeli Sande / Diana Ross / Christine and the Queens / Solange / Father John Misty / Black Dyke Band

Other: alt-J / Imagine Dragons / Metronomy / Wild Beasts / Jungle / Banks / Rat Boy / Metric

West Holts: Kraftwerk / The Avalanches / Blood Orange

John Peel: The Flaming Lips / Bonobo / Glass Animals / Wiley / Sleigh Bells / Parquet Courts / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / TOY

Park: Warpaint / Teenage Fanclub / Local Natives / Sleaford Mods / Mitski / Preoccupations / Temples / Sunflower Bean

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I was gonna do another one from scratch but couldn't be arsed so am just editing my last one to be more up to date with who's around at the time/is still a possibility (stole a couple of good suggestions from Matt's post earlier): 

Friday:

PY: Radiohead, The xx, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Clean Bandit, Kris Kristofferson
OS: The Weeknd, Emeli Sande, You Me At Six, Phoenix, The Shins, 
WH: Jamiroquai, Solange, Four Tet, Omar Souleyman, 
JP: Bonobo, Run The Jewels, Glass Animals, The Kills, Fat White Family, 
PA: Crystal Fighters, Teenage Fanclub, Local Natives, Sleaford Mods, Thee Oh Sees, 

Saturday:

PY: Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Van Morrison, The Specials, Christine & The Queens, 
OS: Alt-J, James Bay, Richard Ashcroft, Metronomy, Die Antwoord, Wild Beasts, 
WH: The Jacksons, Jungle, Anderson Paak, 
JP: The Flaming Lips, Circa Waves, Mastodon, Spoon, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, 
PA: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Slowdive, Angel Olsen,

Sunday:

PY: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, The Maccabees, Diana Ross, Blossoms, 
OS: Bon Iver, London Grammar, The Courteeners, Liam Gallagher, Father John Misty, Slaves, Mac DeMarco,
WH: Kraftwerk, The Avalanches, NAO, 
JP: Justice, White Lies, Wiley, Crystal Castles, Whitney, Parquet Courts, 
PA: Warpaint, Grandaddy, Real Estate, Alvvays,

Much like Matt I'm getting old and am not as 'with it' as I used to be, but I think I've filled the Other with a appropriate amount of crap.

Please let it be this... Almost too good though, I think in reality it will lean more towards poppy / crap stuff on the Pyramid / Other stage I reckon. urgh, it's even got Mastodon!

Edited by FrancisH

FRI
PY: Radiohead, Bon Iver, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Clean Bandit, Kris Kristofferson, Kate Tempest, Junun
OS: The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons, Richard Ashcroft, London Grammar, Phoenix, Mac DeMarco, Peace, The Coral, Primal Scream
JP: Liam Gallagher, Foster the People, Wiley, White Lies, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Francis & the Lights, Cabbage, Frances, Cigarettes After Sex, Julia Jacklin
PA: Goldfrapp, Warpaint, Blood Orange, American Football, Arab Strap, Alvvays, Palace, The Lemon Twigs, Hooton Tennis Club,
WH: Justice, Empire of the Sun, Miguel, Little Dragon, BadBadNotGood, Mura Masa

SAT
PY: 
Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Emeli Sande, Van Morrison, Haim, Blossoms, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Omar Souleyman
OS: The xx, Courteeners, Bonobo, You Me At Six, The Kooks, Twin Atlantic, Wild Beasts, Rat Boy, The Japanese House
JP: The Maccabees, Run the Jewels, Kodaline, Crystal Castles, Jagwar Ma, Rae Morris, SURVIVE, The Hunna, The Big Moon, Alexandra Savior
PA: The Avalanches, Slowdive, Joe Goddard, Angel Olsen, Sinkane, Whitney, Temples, Cameron Avery
WH: The Jacksons, Toots & the Maytals, Young Fathers, Jupiter & Okwess International, Sampha, Lady Leshurr

SUN
PY: 
Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, Royal Blood, Diana Ross, Solange, Michael Kiwanuka, Seu Jorge, Black Dyke Band
OS: alt-J, Lorde, George Ezra, Father John Misty, Slaves, Circa Waves, Sundara Karma, Declan McKenna, The Amazons
JP: The Flaming Lips, Metronomy, Glass Animals, Stormzy, James Vincent McMorrow, Spoon, Fat White Family, The Sherlocks, She Drew the Gun
PA: Crystal Fighters, Grandaddy, Real Estate, Sleaford Mods, Cass McCombs, Sohn, Sunflower Bean, Kevin Morby
WH: Kraftwerk, Four Tet, Schoolboy Q, King Krule, Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals, Golden Rules

I know the Kaiser Chiefs sub thing is based on potential intel, but it just looks so wrong to have them above Royal Blood right now

That said, if you're anywhere close with Solange, Diana, Royal Blood and the Foos being four of the top five Pyramid acts on the same day I would happily stick around there for most of Sunday.

Edited by king_oxymoron

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: Radiohead, Bon Iver, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Clean Bandit, Kris Kristofferson, Kate Tempest, Junun
OS: The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons, Richard Ashcroft, London Grammar, Phoenix, Mac DeMarco, Peace, The Coral, Primal Scream
JP: Liam Gallagher, Foster the People, Wiley, White Lies, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Francis & the Lights, Cabbage, Frances, Cigarettes After Sex, Julia Jacklin
PA: Goldfrapp, Warpaint, Blood Orange, American Football, Arab Strap, Alvvays, Palace, The Lemon Twigs, Hooton Tennis Club,
WH: Justice, Empire of the Sun, Miguel, Little Dragon, BadBadNotGood, Mura Masa

SAT
PY: Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga
, Emeli Sande, Van Morrison, Haim, Blossoms, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Omar Souleyman
OS: The xx, Courteeners, Bonobo, You Me At Six, The Kooks, Twin Atlantic, Wild Beasts, Rat Boy, The Japanese House
JP: The Maccabees, Run the Jewels, Kodaline, Crystal Castles, Jagwar Ma, Rae Morris, SURVIVE, The Hunna, The Big Moon, Alexandra Savior
PA: The Avalanches, Slowdive, Joe Goddard, Angel Olsen, Sinkane, Whitney, Temples, Cameron Avery
WH: The Jacksons, Toots & the Maytals, Young Fathers, Jupiter & Okwess International, Sampha, Lady Leshurr

SUN
PY: Foo Fighters
, Kaiser Chiefs, Royal Blood, Diana Ross, Solange, Michael Kiwanuka, Seu Jorge, Black Dyke Band
OS: alt-J, Lorde, George Ezra, Father John Misty, Slaves, Circa Waves, Sundara Karma, Declan McKenna, The Amazons
JP: The Flaming Lips, Metronomy, Glass Animals, Stormzy, James Vincent McMorrow, Spoon, Fat White Family, The Sherlocks, She Drew the Gun
PA: Crystal Fighters, Grandaddy, Real Estate, Sleaford Mods, Cass McCombs, Sohn, Sunflower Bean, Kevin Morby
WH: Kraftwerk, Four Tet, Schoolboy Q, King Krule, Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals, Golden Rules

That'll do.

Py: Radiohead, Elbow, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Blondie, Kris Kristofferson, Nao, Omar Souleyman  
OS: The Prodigy, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Courteeners, The Kills, Die Antwoord, Rancid, Drenge, Primal Scream  
JP: Liam Gallagher, Run The Jewels, Crystal Castles, Peter Doherty, Stormzy, !!!, Sundara Karma, Let's Eat Grandma, The Big Moon, Formation
PA: Crystal Fighters, Blood Orange, Grandaddy, Angel Olson, Thee Oh Sees, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Whitney, Julien Baker
WH: Kraftwerk, Goat, Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals 

Py: Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher, Lorde, The Specials, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, Kate Tempest, The Bootleg Beatles 
OS: The XX, Emile Sande, Phoenix, Solange, Father John Misty, Mark Lanegan Band, Peace, Kate Nash, Public Access TV 
JP: The Flaming Lips, Wiley, Haim, The Chainsmokers, The Hives, Lucy Rose, Real Estate, Marika Hackman, Cabbage, Palace 
PA: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Teenage Fanclub, Slowdive, Spoon, Alvvays, The Wedding Present, Julia Jacklin 
WH: Jamiroquai, Royksopp, Miguel 

Py: Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, The Maccabees, Diana Ross, Clean Bandit, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Sue Jorge, Black Dyke Band
OS: Green Day, Imagine Dragons, George Ezra, Metronomy, St Vincent, Warpaint, Mac DeMarco, King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard, Teleman 
JP: Justice, The Avalanches, Future Islands, White Lies, Jagwar Ma, Young Fathers, Japandroids, Parquet Courts, Honeyblood, She Drew The Gun  
PA: Bonobo, Local Natives, Badbadnotgood, Arab Strap, Pond, Pumarosa, Blaenavon
WH: The Jacksons, Four Tet, Toots & The Maytals 

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Py: Radiohead, Elbow, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Blondie, Kris Kristofferson, Nao, Omar Souleyman  
OS: The Prodigy, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Courteeners, The Kills, Die Antwoord, Rancid, Drenge, Primal Scream  
JP: Liam Gallagher, Run The Jewels, Crystal Castles, Peter Doherty, Stormzy, !!!, Sundara Karma, Let's Eat Grandma, The Big Moon, Formation
PA: Crystal Fighters, Blood Orange, Grandaddy, Angel Olson, Thee Oh Sees, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Whitney, Julien Baker

Py: Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher, Lorde, The Specials, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, Kate Tempest, The Bootleg Beatles 
OS: The XX, Emile Sande, Phoenix, Solange, Father John Misty, Mark Lanegan Band, Peace, Kate Nash, Public Access TV 
JP: The Flaming Lips, Wiley, Haim, The Chainsmokers, The Hives, Lucy Rose, Real Estate, Marika Hackman, Cabbage, Palace 
PA: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Teenage Fanclub, Slowdive, Spoon, Alvvays, The Wedding Present, Julia Jacklin 

Py: Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, The Maccabees, Diana Ross, Clean Bandit, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Sue Jorge, Black Dyke Band
OS: Green Day, Imagine Dragons, George Ezra, Metronomy, St Vincent, Warpaint, Mac DeMarco, King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard, Teleman 
JP: Justice, The Avalanches, Future Islands, White Lies, Jagwar Ma, Young Fathers, Japandroids, Parquet Courts, Honeyblood, She Drew The Gun  

I'd take this in a heartbeat but can't see Courteeners playing a slot lower than they did in 2015, Peace have been dropped from their label and I bumped into Doug over Christmas and he had no idea what they were doing live wise and I don't think Elbow or Noel will be there and with Elbow doing the likes of Victorious and the Forest shows I think we maybe safe. 

That Maccabees - Avalanches - Justice run on Sunday night is exactly how I want to finish my festival. 

7 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Kraftwerk busy Fri

7 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Nice Matt but The Coral are basically in too.

2 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

How come everyone's putting Bon Iver down for Other or Pyramid? I would've thought he was a shoe-in for headlining Park (assuming he actually comes to Europe at all after cancelling this month's tour).

Far too big for that - he headlined the Park in 2009 with just one album

1 hour ago, fernandomassuy said:

How likely are Liam/Noel to play? Liam should release his solo debut sometime this year so he's more likely, I think Noel has said something about attending Glasto as a punter. I'm not from the UK, and I'd fancy drunkenly singing a few Oasis tunes at Glasto

I have great faith in Liam being there, he have a nice glasto gap between festivals. BE was there 2013 so GFL while NGHFB been touring every year since the debut album and never played. Liam's management recently copyrighted the new tracks.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/writer/267033963/GALLAGHER LIAM

Noel said both "they don't pay enough" and "never been asked", and most recently that the album will be done before he "head off" to glastonbury 2017, so it seems more like a punter situation there.