Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Finding leto14 said:

I've punted on it. Both teams to score is likely to happen. With Wales having key suspensions I think it's very likely. It's a free bet, go for it ;)

It's giving me £17 if I win, might just go nuts and bet on something mad. I've popped one on Bowie to win the Mercury already, which was highly unadventurous of me.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Aww fuckers have maximum Stone Roses bet at below £10 so I can't use any of my free bets. I fucking hate bookies and I was a stupid prick to sign up. Somebody who knows about sports tell me two £10 bets that are very likely to bring in a bit of cash.

Yeah annoying, I did £10 each on Foos, Radiohead and Beyonce.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's giving me £17 if I win, might just go nuts and bet on something mad. I've popped one on Bowie to win the Mercury already, which was highly unadventurous of me.

If its a free bet...

A cilic vs Andy Murray wimbledon final will be about 18/1 I'd guess. Well worth a free tenner

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Another reason to hate the s*n... more people signing up for tickets in the wake of this news.

Obviously it pales into insignificance compared to other stuff they have done, but Im adding it to my reasons to hate them

Fuck them. Go to Ed Sheeran gigs, you c**ts.

I reckon we should only allow people to register for tickets on an Australian points-based system. If you aren't a proper crusty lefty who likes Mik Artistik, you aren't coming in.

"If beans on toast is playing at the Avalon cafe at 1430 but there's a rumour of a secret Radiohead gig at the Crows Nest at 1700 what time should you leave the bandstand to ensure you're passing West Holts just as a fresh batch of Goan fish curry comes out the pan?"

Something like that halfway through the ticket buying process should seperate the johnnycomelatelys from the hardcore

1 minute ago, Finding leto14 said:

It's almost felt like 2016 never happened with how quick these rumours have come round for 2017. The fact they have already supposedly booked them surely means they will be leaked before Christmas some how

we had Muse, Adele and Coldplay by i think November last year (possibly earlier), so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if they came out before Christmas - in fact i'm totally expecting it. think Radiohead and Sheeran are nailed on, with the third being the harder one to suss out, although the Roses seem like the obvious one along with the Foos as an outside bet

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

"If beans on toast is playing at the Avalon cafe at 1430 but there's a rumour of a secret Radiohead gig at the Crows Nest at 1700 what time should you leave the bandstand to ensure you're passing West Holts just as a fresh batch of Goan fish curry comes out the pan?"

Something like that halfway through the ticket buying process should seperate the johnnycomelatelys from the hardcore

In no fewer than 5,000 words, discuss to what extent you agree with the statement "No Bones Jones is the best fucking scran on the face of Gaia's green Earth".

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

we had Muse, Adele and Coldplay by i think November last year (possibly earlier), so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if they came out before Christmas - in fact i'm totally expecting it. think Radiohead and Sheeran are nailed on, with the third being the harder one to suss out, although the Roses seem like the obvious one along with the Foos as an outside bet

Exactly how I feel, it's always that third headliner completing the trio that's left guessing!

I guess it will leak before the end of the year, depends on whether We'l believe it or not!

Edited by Matt42

I think that Ed Sheeran could flop as a headliner. I feel that his music is too limited for a broad headline set, yes it's good at times but not the full holistic production, variety in music,  a festival headliner needs.

I think his set is too cut down for a headline set too. I know Kanye and Adele have headlined with a solo status. But Adele had a big band with her and Kanye, well E wasn't the best headliner to model on, was he?

he seems like a quality hype man, for a headliner after, but I feel that him finishing a night on the Pyramid just wouldn't cut it. 

5 minutes ago, willutalk said:

I think that Ed Sheeran could flop as a headliner. I feel that his music is too limited for a broad headline set, yes it's good at times but not the full holistic production, variety in music,  a festival headliner needs.

I think his set is too cut down for a headline set too. I know Kanye and Adele have headlined with a solo status. But Adele had a big band with her and Kanye, well E wasn't the best headliner to model on, was he?

he seems like a quality hype man, for a headliner after, but I feel that him finishing a night on the Pyramid just wouldn't cut it. 

He sold out 3 nights at Wembley, he won't flop as a headiner. The same crowd who lapped up Adele and Coldplay this year will do the same for him. 

1 minute ago, The Orgazoid said:

He sold out 3 nights at Wembley, he won't flop as a headiner. The same crowd who lapped up Adele and Coldplay this year will do the same for him. 

He has, but there's been no new music since. I guess we'll have to wait for a new album and the acclaim of that, before drawing proper conclusions into his possible appearance next year

It absolutely staggers me that he could sell out Wembley stadium for three nights. It's almost unbelievable. I'm putting it down to one of those things I just plain don't understand. If he was playing on my balcony, I'd shut the door. And lock it. I just do not see any appeal whatsoever in seeing him. 

But evidently I'm hugely in the minority, and that's fine! I'll be elsewhere, and it'll be pleasingly quiet elsewhere too :lol: that's my very favourite thing about having popular headliners I've got zero interest in watching: moving around the rest of the site is an absolute pleasure with 80,000 people out of the way, watching that <INSULT REDACTED> 

4 minutes ago, willutalk said:

He has, but there's been no new music since. I guess we'll have to wait for a new album and the acclaim of that, before drawing proper conclusions into his possible appearance next year

of course he wasn't going to release his third album during the tour for his second!

Plus wembley was a year ago! His popularity has only increased since then. He's gonna smash it, just like Adele... and just like Kanye

14 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

This.

He caters for people -

For people who wet the bed, who laugh at Michael MacIntyre, those who's idea of a wild night - is 2 glasses of wine with a meal. People who read the Daily Mail website for news. People who get flustered when talking on the phone to book the same resturant they have gone to for years. People who get excited when their tesco clubcard voucher pack arrives. People who can plan their life around reality tv shows schedules.

Twats basically.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

of course he wasn't going to release his third album during the tour for his second!

Plus wembley was a year ago! His popularity has only increased since then. He's gonna smash it, just like Adele... and just like Kanye

I don't think Kanye smashed it, but if he does an Adele, rises up in the same way, he'd have a good chance in doing so.