New bands added, happy?

Fred Zepplin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pyramid: Tame Impala, Squeeze, Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Choir, Caravan Palace, Burnham & Highbridge Band

Other: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Editors, Tom Odell, Band of Skulls, Jamie Lawson, Frightened Rabbit, Hurts, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, Christine & The Queens, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Shura, Newton Faulkner, James, Haelos, Anteros

West Holts: Gary Clarke Jr, White Denim, The Very Best, Quantic All Stars, Shibusashriazu Orchestra, Michael Kiwanuka, Dakhabrakha, Mbongwana Star, Bixiga 70, Eska, Paradise Bangkok Molam International Band, Oddisee & Good Company, Human Pyramids, Anna Meredith

John Peel: Example, Half Moon Run, MO, Aurora, Mystery Jets, Rat Boy, Alessia Cara, Matt Corby, Elle King, Tired Lion, X Ambassadors, Nothing But Thieves, She Drew The Gun, Dan Stuart with Twin Tones, Palace

The Park: Philip Glass' Heroes Symphony, Kwabs, Nathanial Ratcliffe & the Night Sweats, Jagwar Ma, C Duncan, Night Beats, Izzy Bizu, Holly Macve, Declan Mckenna, Cat's Eyes, Khruangbin, Gwenno, Car Seat Headrest

that'll do. i've probably added some bands who were already announced/possibly missed some out so feel free to add/deduct if needed

Thanks! With this plus the acoustic stage I've got plenty of research to do before I can come anywhere close to nailing down a schedule

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm guessing, going by where he was on the poster, D'Angelo was actually due to sub the Pyramid, and Tame Impala were a late draft-in to replace him. 

it certainly looks that way, but i find it hard to believe. Tame Impala seem weird enough subbing and are quite a small act to do it, but D'Angelo? would half of the field have even heard of him before? that Pyramid field would be an absolute deadzone of people wondering what the fuck is going on and looking at their watches whilst waiting for Adele. we've heard a few rumours that a West Holts headliner pulled out - surely that was D'Angelo!?

I'm not necessarily thrilled with the new acts - I'll be seeing a few of them for sure - but it's more the timetable that has made me really chuffed. 

• LCD Sunday (AND getting 90 mins!!)
  • Garfunkel playing a bit earlier than I expected, eliminating the New Order Clash
  • Wolf Alice on Saturday instead of Friday
  • Daughter not clashing with loads of people
  • Jagwar Mar b2b with Kurt Vile

From the assumptions I was working from previously, I've now gained about 4 acts that I didn't expect to see. Great stuff. Clashes are FAR better for me this year than last.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

i shall see you there! stoked for this. barely spent any time at the Park last year (just Father John Misty) so gonna be nice to have a couple of hours there seeing some acts i've been meaning to see for ages

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i shall see you there! stoked for this. barely spent any time at the Park last year (just Father John Misty) so gonna be nice to have a couple of hours there seeing some acts i've been meaning to see for ages

Definitely. Easily the best of the main stages.

It's funny - we saw three acts back to back there last year on the Saturday, and could well be doing the same agian this year!

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm not necessarily thrilled with the new acts - I'll be seeing a few of them for sure - but it's more the timetable that has made me really chuffed. 

• LCD Sunday (AND getting 90 mins!!)
  • Garfunkel playing a bit earlier than I expected, eliminating the New Order Clash
  • Wolf Alice on Saturday instead of Friday
  • Daughter not clashing with loads of people

From the assumptions I was working from previously, I've now gained about 4 acts that I didn't expect to see. Great stuff. Clashes are FAR better for me this year than last.

AH! Just realised WA clash with Jagwar Ma. Ah well, Wolf Alice can take a hike. Seen them an obscene amount of times. :P

I'm happy with the whole line up although I was with the initial poster so I knew by today I would be even more happy that's even with considering the acts that aren't there.

From the new additions I'm happy with;

Tame Impala, Squeeze,  Catfish (yeah shoot me),  Band of Skulls, St Paul and broken bones, Michael Kiwanuka, Mystery Jets and Kwabs. There's a few more from West Holt's that I like but I get the names mixed up.

Only had a quick look and there's quite a few clashes or not clashes but no time to move from one stage to the next which in some ways is worse than a full on clash.

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I think previous years 2nd drop has been better and this includes just a lot of filler. Pyramid is weakest I have seen in a while and Other bar Sunday for me isn't great at all really.

Know what u mean. I'm being very random with my selections this year due to it too! (Which isn't a bad thing). 

not many festivals where I can see Foals, Coldplay, Adele, Bootleg Beatles, TLSP and DJ Luck and Mc Neat 

Squeeze and C Duncan the two stand out additions for me. Poss The Alarm too.

Tame Impala subbing? Really? Don't think they're that good, had no idea they were that big. Ah well, shows how out of touch I really am.

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Know what u mean. I'm being very random with my selections this year due to it too! (Which isn't a bad thing). 

not many festivals where I can see Foals, Coldplay, Adele, Bootleg Beatles, TLSP and DJ Luck and Mc Neat 

3 of mine are clashing Sunday so starting the 1st one and either staying or leaving is all I can do. That might even be an on the spot weather decider but I think missing CATB is the way it'll go. I might get a ticket for them in Coventry in November.

I think the missing Ashcroft has out a downer on it, too many now on here to be believed that dont happen....it's not close to 90% sure now. The Coral too....but I guess we all just assumed they would be there so I can't moan at that really, I just don't like enough to bother with a full ticket for them.

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Squeeze and C Duncan the two stand out additions for me. Poss The Alarm too.

Tame Impala subbing? Really? Don't think they're that good, had no idea they were that big. Ah well, shows how out of touch I really am.

Just like Beck, they aren't. It's a weak Pyramid.