Lineup 2018

Maybe Reading aren't willing to have a headline performance not be televised, and The Stone Roses don't want the performance to be televised, and that means it's impossible to book them. I can't imagine they have/had zero interest in booking them, they're a big ticket shifter (maybe not so much by next summer if they're doing a 3rd consecutive summer, but would defo have been true for last year at least).

57 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Maybe Reading aren't willing to have a headline performance not be televised, and The Stone Roses don't want the performance to be televised, and that means it's impossible to book them. I can't imagine they have/had zero interest in booking them, they're a big ticket shifter (maybe not so much by next summer if they're doing a 3rd consecutive summer, but would defo have been true for last year at least).

The Roses won't be doing a 3rd summer in a row, they'll disappear for a couple of years now. 

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The Roses won't be doing a 3rd summer in a row, they'll disappear for a couple of years now. 

They will be if they actually put a new album out like they said they would. So yeah, you're right, they won't be about.

31 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Eminem wasn't televised in 2013 was it?

And presumably will be the same this year. 

Ah I didn't know that. Still, maybe Eminem is so big that they make an exception. I dunno, just speculating.

37 minutes ago, Odessa said:

They will be if they actually put a new album out like they said they would. So yeah, you're right, they won't be about.

Ah I didn't know that. Still, maybe Eminem is so big that they make an exception. I dunno, just speculating.

They will do it I'd guess but they are monitoring show sales etc 1st and being clever. They know Manchester will sell out easy without it, the 4th Etihad show took a bit longer but was a Wednesday in fairness, I doubt they'll hit Scotland again as I think last time it seemed sales there were at their end and petering out but Wembley Stadium sold out and very quickly and previously doing two nights at Finsbury Park....I'm guessing they judged the sames times on them and reckoned Wembley so a bit less than those two combined was a better idea. I think it's whether they think they have another year of own big shows in them before Glasto or they finally go for it in 2019.

Onto your so big that they make an exception, Roses off of one album selling what they have is crazy and if Reading got the 1st glimpse of a new album....they make an exception!, but if Glasto is in plan then that won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Going by the last couple of years Reading's TV coverage has been reduced to highlights of the headliners shown very late at night on BBC Four, I can't imagine they'd turn down a headliner because they didn't want TV coverage these days.

They show the whole thing on iPlayer, Gramps.

I reckon the reason why The Stone Roses haven't played Reading or Glastonbury is because their fee is madness. I don't think TSR would be enough of a pull at reading to warrant the fee

Whereas Eminem in 2013 got one of their biggest crowds ever

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon the reason why The Stone Roses haven't played Reading or Glastonbury is because their fee is madness. I don't think TSR would be enough of a pull at reading to warrant the fee

Whereas Eminem in 2013 got one of their biggest crowds ever

They would sell day tickets out if they played Reading and Leeds.

Depends on how the album does 

Gaslight Anthem last tour consisted off 

2x Manchester Apollo 

Cardiff motorpoint arena 

Birmingham academy 

Endinbrough cornexchange 

Alley palley 

And think they were 6th down 

But yeahh can see them maybe fourth. 

4 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Don Broco just announced an Ally Pally show - they're gunna be creeping up that main stage....4th?

This will be a bad decision as it'll flop, they really aren't that big. Shikari are only just a Ally Pally band and Broco are subbing them. Also if yoi think a firm Ally Pally act is going to play 4th down at Reading now disappointment will be heavily in the air.

Edited by thewayiam

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Paramore are fucking GREAT. 
BOOK THEM MELVIN.

Really? I though this one was far worse than Hard Times. Other than the bridge, the song didn't really feel like it went anywhere imo. In saying that I also would love to see them soooooo

Thinking about it, Paramore are a realistic shout to headline. Who else would take them? They're a bit too poppy for Download and a bit too heavy for V.

I would also be very surprised if Royal Blood aren't booked to headline next year. They could have got them this year, subbing to Muse, but I think it's obvious that they're waiting on them for 2018.

Which leaves the third headliner. Will need to be an older act, that will appeal to the more Indie crowd. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Roses but I have a feeling they'll disappear again, having blueballed us with those two new songs. I assume Blur will break their three year cycle of being active, what with Damon being preoccupied with Gorillaz.