Lineup 2018

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

2018 would be too soon for FOB to return yeah? Let's hope so if the rest of the new album sounds like this. 

It's bad! From rock/emo to pop to dance/electro/d&b! They are another one where of they announced another Infinity on high they'd have got huge, and they were big anyway, but clearly band issues and a dreadful folie a deux shot them. Save Rock and Roll was alright but American Beauty/American Psycho was dire.

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's bad! From rock/emo to pop to dance/electro/d&b! They are another one where of they announced another Infinity on high they'd have got huge, and they were big anyway, but clearly band issues and a dreadful folie a deux shot them. Save Rock and Roll was alright but American Beauty/American Psycho was dire.

I like all their albums except Save Rock & Roll which was pretty crap bar a few decent tracks. That album made me go into AB/AP with low expectations though so maybe this time, going in with even lower expectations, I might be pleasantly surprised again.

I don't really get why Folie A Deux didn't take them to the next level. I would have thought I Don't Care could have been a big hit for them. Not saying it was as good as Infinity On High but it wasn't miles off it for me.

Edited by Odessa

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I like all their albums except Save Rock & Roll which was pretty crap bar a few decent tracks. That album made me go into AB/AP with low expectations though so maybe this time, going in with even lower expectations, I might be pleasantly surprised again.

I don't really get why Folie A Deux didn't take them to the next level. I would have thought I Don't Care could have been a big hit for them. Not saying it was as good as Infinity On High but it wasn't miles off it for me.

Yes it wasn't a classic I admit. Folie A Deux didn't take them to a next level because it was pure shit, I don't care wasn't good! I have to say I just ran over IOH and realized how quite shit compared to TTTYG and FUTCT is it, you can actually hear Save Rock and Roll and AB/AP in that album now I listen back and that's what probably puts me off.

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

New Prediction:

3Ejkvsc.png

Apart from placing some bands quite low (Deftones, The Prodigy) and some quite high (The Sherlocks, Amber Run) i'd be pretty happy with this, liking the new Paramore and Royal Blood songs so i'd be pretty happy with them as headliners.

24 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Apart from placing some bands quite low (Deftones, The Prodigy) and some quite high (The Sherlocks, Amber Run) i'd be pretty happy with this, liking the new Paramore and Royal Blood songs so i'd be pretty happy with them as headliners.

Amber Run ain't that much smaller than Bear's Den who are doing it this year though...

And The Sherlocks are kinda getting hyped at the moment similar to The Amazons and they just announced their album. TBH though they're probaly are placed too high I just never have a clue who to place on those last 3 stages.... (not a rap/grime/etc. fan and pit & fr seem to just have any kind of acts on it lol)

And yeah, hoping that with the new Killers album thats out soon and how well BST sold I think they're gonna get it over Arctic Monkeys. Foo Fighters could go in there instead but Royal Blood are already covering the heavier rock base so Killers would make it a more well rounded line up.

Chance would be lost on a crowd waiting for The Killers, although to be fair he wouldn't fare much better before Paramore or Royal Blood either. Would make more sense to swap him with The Wombats if they really are somehow going to be big enough to headline the NME, although that seems a big stretch. If they made a main stage run out of The Killers > Pendulum > Prodigy it'd be a horrible crowd but would shift a whole lot of day tickets.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Chance would be lost on a crowd waiting for The Killers, although to be fair he wouldn't fare much better before Paramore or Royal Blood either. Would make more sense to swap him with The Wombats if they really are somehow going to be big enough to headline the NME, although that seems a big stretch. If they made a main stage run out of The Killers > Pendulum > Prodigy it'd be a horrible crowd but would shift a whole lot of day tickets.

Wombats aren't big enough to sub but they are 3rd down/NME headliner material probably after their next album. I definitely didnt wanna put Prodigy and Pendulum on the same day as that would probably be too heavy for one day. Could swap Chance and alt-J though pretty easily

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/matty-healy-talks-the-1975-music-for-cars-2061234

Surely a big contender to be a co-headliner at least.

Probably, have they toured for like 4 years straight tor something?

Probably have to either include BMTH in co-headliner shouts, or not include Paramore at all and put them at BST. Myself I can't see them not being there, unless they try play the card with BST similar to Taylor where an extra ticket is needed for the parent.

Reckon 1975 will wait till 2019. They may have a year off or just do arenas next year with only a couple of festival dates.

Think for 2019 we could have:

1975 and then Imagine Dragons/CHVRCHES/Chase&Status/someone else coheadlining depending on how peoples new albums go

Arctic Monkeys

MY Chemical Romance (if they have reunited by then or if not someone else)

Just now, thewayiam said:

Probably, have they toured for like 4 years straight tor something?

Probably have to either include BMTH in co-headliner shouts, or not include Paramore at all and put them at BST. Myself I can't see them not being there, unless they try play the card with BST similar to Taylor where an extra ticket is needed for the parent.

Personally I think BMTH will headline Download next year instead (Reading have so many other options and TTS came out ages ago at this point). Maybe chuck them in the coheadlining with 1975 slot for 2019 if they've put out a new album. TBH If the album is good they could be up for solo headlining in 2019.

Yeah in hindsight The 1975 could've co-headlined last year tbh, they'll easily be an outright headliner by next year - providing the next album is out by then, and Matty has said today it's already being recorded so that shouldn't be an issue. 

The main question mark for me is where Florence + the Machine fit into the picture. Their new album will surely be due next year, and having done Glastonbury and BST on HBHBHB I can't see any scenario in which they would skip out on Reading again. But 1975 - Flo - Foos in one year a) sounds too up my street to happen, and b ) would mean they skip on both Paramore and BMTH, which seems very unlikely. Dunno.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 hours ago, Odessa said:

2018 would be too soon for FOB to return yeah? Let's hope so if the rest of the new album sounds like this. 

After comparing them to Britney Spears since they returned, they only come out with the lyrics "oops I did it again" in a song. It'll probably be quite popular but it's not for me although I also didn't hate it so it might be a grower.

Agreed, can see there being a 1975 secret set next year into headline in 2019. BMTH really depends on how their next album is received (I would guess FR will book them to headline Download and see the response to their set before deciding whether to and where to book them). Florence isn't that big of a reading band are they? Agreed on V fest though they could do a smaller one like Latitude/IOW/Bestival etc.

TBH this is how I can see next year shaking up:

R+L: Paramore / The Killers / Royal Blood (+ alt-J?)

TRNSMT: Arctic Monkeys / Green Day / ????

Wireless: Kendrick Lamar / ???? / ???? (Beyonce?, Drake?, Stormzy?)

V Fest: Florence + The Machine / Lady Gaga

Download: BMTH / Foo Fighters / ???? (QOTSA?, Metallica?)

Bring Me The Horizon are my pick for Download next year, alongside Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. 

I don't see Pendulum subbing, their stock has fallen like a stone. NME headliner if they're booked, which I'd say is fairly unlikely anyway.

The 1975 are going to be a great headliner and I can't wait for that to happen.