Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

They've gone mad.

Wouldn't even be surprised if they bang out Creep at one of these gigs.

Edit: Although it would be bloody lovely if they save that for a surprise outing at Glasto like they did with Reading in 09.

I predicted Creep for the Pyramid a while back.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to be happier to dive into their back catalog a bit. I guess we can expect Just and Fake Plastic Trees to be resurrected soon.

Amsterdam 2 is still the best setlist by far. Lucky, How to Disappear, Street Spirit, Talk Show Host! Stuff dreams are made of. Also, it didn't include any obvious stinker like the Gloaming, Magpie or Tinker. (Give Up the Ghost is the closest one, but it's still much better than those).

1. Burn the witch
2. Daydreaming
3. Decks dark
4. Desert island disk
5. Ful stop 
6. Magpie
7. There there
8. 15 step 
9. Myxomatosis 
10. Codex
11. Identikit
12. Numbers 
13. House of cards
14. Talk show host
15. Body snatchers
16. Idioteque 
17. Lucky 

18. Give up the ghost
19. Present tense 
20. Weird fishes 
21. No surprises 
22. How to disappear completely 

23. Eiirp 
24. Reckoner

This for Saturday please. 

So AMSP was their nearly-best album two weeks ago and now Desert Island Disk and Tinker Tailor are unwelcome on the set list and they can't play too many off of it in sequence either. :P

But yeah I think "Amsterdam 2" looks an absolutely phenomenal setlist. Could barely pick a better one.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So AMSP was their nearly-best album two weeks ago and now Desert Island Disk and Tinker Tailor are unwelcome on the set list and they can't play too many off of it in sequence either. :P

Yeah well, 9 out of 11 isn't that shabby! Especially compared to TKOL, where only 2-3 of the album 8 songs (or 10, if you count Staircase and Daily Mail) were welcome. Even In Rainbows had House of Cards which was always quite boring!

Burn the Witch, Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit, The Numbers and Present Tense could all be show highlights. TLW too when they nail it live. That's pretty great.

14 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Yeah well, 9 out of 11 isn't that shabby! Especially compared to TKOL, where only 2-3 of the album 8 songs (or 10, if you count Staircase and Daily Mail) were welcome. Even In Rainbows had House of Cards which was always quite boring!

Burn the Witch, Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit, The Numbers and Present Tense could all be show highlights. TLW too when they nail it live. That's pretty great.

It is a bit, for a Radiohead album. And also for people that aren't the spawn of Satan, with yer Daily Mail trashing. :P

Can't get on with piano TLW at all - seemed particularly poor tonight as well. Wonder if the acoustic one will ever get a run out again.

The lack of love for TKOL here upsets me (it doesn't really, but you know). 

Not listened to the live video, but the new album version of True Love Waits has grown on me massively. The album is alright, but I spend most of it just looking forward to the last track, which is stunning. 

4 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

The lack of love for TKOL here upsets me (it doesn't really, but you know). 

Not listened to the live video, but the new album version of True Love Waits has grown on me massively. The album is alright, but I spend most of it just looking forward to the last track, which is stunning. 

Yeah at first I wasn't sold on the new version of True Love Waits, but as time has gone on it's now definitely in my top few tracks on the album. It may have helped that I never listened to the old version due to only having the studio albums and the odd standalone release.

9 hours ago, chestwig said:

Does ME have some kind of a speech impediment or something? He seems to be pausing  in a strange way a lot in that video. I can't remember him previously ever sounding like that.

In my experience, he's always a bit different in his manner when he's thinking more about what he might be saying, and he's also not the most-confident of public speakers (he's just a farmer, don't forget).

It's something he often does when speaking to me, double-checking the words in the head before they come out of his mouth, to try and ensure he doesn't say something he shouldn't say. His more-normal conversations have a smoother flow.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

In my experience, he's always a bit different in his manner when he's thinking more about what he might be saying, and he's also not the most-confident of public speakers (he's just a farmer, don't forget).

It's something he often does when speaking to me, double-checking the words in the head before they come out of his mouth, to try and ensure he doesn't say something he shouldn't say. His more-normal conversations have a smoother flow.

Why? It's not like every word will be examined in detail for clues on an internet messageboard is it?!

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hi Neil, sorry to pester but I didn't manage to draw an answer from you in the relevant thread.

The BMTH info you mentioned yesterday about the position you had them down for being wrong - was the info that they aren't playing Sunday Other Stage or that they specifically aren't headlining it? As, to me, the former would suggest Sunday JP headliners whilst the latter would suggest Sunday Other subs.

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's far from that.

In his head and in his manner, he's just that and only that.

He's a farmer thrown into a different world by circumstances rather than ambition, and while he can cope with it he's not entirely comfortable with it and has to adjust his manner as a result.

The difference between Michael and someone like Melvin Benn is big - tho it's also clear that Melvin's head is also double-checking what he might say before he says it, but it all works much faster as its his normal thing.

If a convo with Michael wanders into something about the farm, everything about how he speaks changes.

Edited by eFestivals