LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That whole scenario goes away if Radiohead aren't playing.

LCD into Muse would be a pretty good fit as well. only reason i'm pushing them as a possible Pyramid sub so much is that it leaves a Other spot open for Sigur Ros, even though i know they'll end up at Wilderness. just gotta keep on hoping!

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i don't know, i'd have thought they're too niche for that slot?

That's the same reason I'm not sure about them headlining the Other. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan but I’m probably only one of two within our group that’s even listened to them. Anecdotally that makes it tough to place them

So I went and ordered their documentary "SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS" which arrived from Amazon today.

Question for those who own the DVD. Do you recommend watching the disc 1 with the documentary on first, or discs 2 and 3 first, starting with the farewall concert in it's entirity?

Rather excited to watch this, I've never really followed their music outside "New York I Love You," but I always love music documentaries like this as a way to introduce me to the band. 

4 minutes ago, Gman123 said:

So I went and ordered their documentary "SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS" which arrived from Amazon today.

Question for those who own the DVD. Do you recommend watching the disc 1 with the documentary on first, or discs 2 and 3 first, starting with the farewall concert in it's entirity?

Rather excited to watch this, I've never really followed their music outside "New York I Love You," but I always love music documentaries like this as a way to introduce me to the band. 

I'd go for the documentary first to give you a better idea of the band as a whole, then delve into the concert after.

• Upvote 1

Just now, benus80 said:

So Neil I can take no notice of the BBC entertainment news saying lcd soundystem are an British exclusive for lovebox then? 

You'll have to ask them where they got the info of a 'British exclusive'.

All I can tell you is that the publicity materials we received from the festival stated very clearly that both headliners are a 'London exclusive'.

Because it's likely both them and us received the same publicity materials I can only guess that they wrote it up wrongly, but I may be wrong.