Kanye west confirmed

mike99

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

that's just forumophobic

Look, I never said that I avoid all forums but you have to concede that I'm within my rights to avoid a forum where there's a reasonable risk that I'll have my will to live drained away without being criticised for it.

Edited by Quark

11 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Fuck off twat.

I'm saying that if an illness means you do a shit job, you can't seriously go "I'm the best in the world at this job". Bowie was making music until he literally couldn't any more. Yeah, you're right, he's the high fucking watermark. At the bottom end are acts that don't even always turn up, or can't put on a show when they do.

You love Kanye, fine, you don't need to fellate him like chugging a quart of his rock star jazz might inject the slightest frisson of feeling into your sad pathetic life.

(I'd rather not do personal insults but apparently you want to go down that road so...)

Top rant.

• Downvote 1

I'm baffled that some people think that wealth could or should provide immunity to mental health issues and/or being concerned about you or your families wellbeing.

Whether you consider the man a genius or not, or an arsehole or not for that matter, he is still a human; he will have weaknesses and vulnerabilities regardless of his successes.

• Upvote 2

I'm on the fence about Kanye - some of the records sound wonderful, some of his pronouncements less so - but I question the arguments regarding what he "should" do for the fans. 

In particular, many mental illnesses are characterised by an inward-looking mental turmoil, accompanied by poor decison-making.  In that context, it seems absurd to criticise a sufferer for not making rational decisions or thinking primarily of others.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Who on here has posted this? Nobody did. It was a presumption made by Alex DeLarge. No one has said he should be happy because hes rich. 

I'm not going to turn this thread into another debating thread but:

On 22/11/2016 at 11:43 AM, eFestivals said:

I'm sure the multi-millionaire has had it particularly hard. :P

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

:lol:

The difference between Ray J/ Kim and Kanye/ Taylor is that Ray J was actually the one that made Kim famous.

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Jesus christ please stop talking.

Never said I was I Jesus, you're mixing me up with Kanye.

I'm amazed it's such a controversial opinion to be honest. If you regularly can't do the job because you're ill, you're not the best. It's not your fault, it just is. That wouldn't be at all controversial outside of "the arts".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

:lol:

The difference between Ray J/ Kim and Kanye/ Taylor is that Ray J was actually the one that made Kim famous.

Nah. Kim was a low-level celebrity because she was a Paris Hilton acolyte back when she was a big thing. People weren't watching to see rap superstar Ray J. She has essentially made him famous and he's still milking it with pathetic shit like posted above.

13 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Never said I was I Jesus, you're mixing me up with Kanye.

I'm amazed it's such a controversial opinion to be honest. If you regularly can't do the job because you're ill, you're not the best. It's not your fault, it just is. That wouldn't be at all controversial outside of "the arts".

Regularly?

Just lost a post to the server about Kanye's boasting - and hip hop swaggering in general - as a rhetorical device needing to be read in the context of African American culture from blues music onwards, via Little Richard, Ali, soundsystem culture and the Godfather of Soul.

Pity, as it was A1 content.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm not going to turn this thread into another debating thread but:

Someone listed some life issues - death, robbery, childbirth, etc.

Go on, tell me how the multi-millionaire suffered more over those issues than Joe Public might have done. :P

If the guy's got mental health issues he's got mental health issues. They don't need 'excusing' by presenting a list of the things he might have gone thru along the way as tho they're any way out of the ordinary.

Get the fuck over yourself, pleeeeasse!

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Go on, tell me how the multi-millionaire suffered more over those issues than Joe Public might have done. :P

If the guy's got mental health issues he's got mental health issues. They don't need 'excusing' by presenting a list of the things he might have gone thru along the way as tho they're any way out of the ordinary.

But him being a multi-millionaire also won't make going through that any less difficult. Just because lots of people go through those things, it doesn't mean some of them can't be affected worse by them and suffer from mental illness as a result - being a multi-millionaire doesn't change this so I'm not sure it needed mentioning. In fact, being such a known celebrity and having the entire world observe your life probably increases the strain of these things.

He may have had a better life overall than Joe Public but mental illness doesn't work in straightforward ways. Any slight thing can kick it off and it seems to have done with Kanye.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't believe anyone suggested those events were out of the ordinary, but for someone with underlying mental health issues (or the genetic predisposition),  they are the kinds of stressful situations that can easily trigger a deterioration. So, any stressful events someone has been through, extraordinary or not, are definitely relevant to their history of mental health. It's not a matter of using them as 'excuses', it's a matter of looking at them as possible triggers.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I wasn't trying to say he'd suffer more than the average person, just that they're a list of things that could led to his mental health issues becoming worse. 

15 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I don't believe anyone suggested those events were out of the ordinary, but for someone with underlying mental health issues (or the genetic predisposition),  they are the kinds of stressful situations that can easily trigger a deterioration. So, any stressful events someone has been through, extraordinary or not, are definitely relevant to their history of mental health. It's not a matter of using them as 'excuses', it's a matter of looking at them as possible triggers.

Excellent post.

27 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

But him being a multi-millionaire also won't make going through that any less difficult.

I didn't say it did. 

I'm not saying I think he's had it less difficult. 

Read what I wrote, again.

On 11/22/2016 at 11:43 AM, eFestivals said:

I'm sure the multi-millionaire has had it particularly hard. :P

I'm saying he's not had it harder than anyone else. 

Edited by eFestivals

Seems the wires have got a bit crossed in this thread then, let's get back on track.

I liked Pusha T's note about My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's anniversary, would love to see him on the farm.

http://pitchfork.com/news/70009-pusha-t-pens-note-to-kanye-on-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-anniversary/

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Well, for his shrink perhaps, yeah.

Whatever normal life issues he's gone thru, they're still just normal life issues. In themselves they're as hard on anyone.

If they're anything of this, it's because he's got mental health issues, rather than he's got mental health issues because of those things. As you rightly said: 'trigger', which isn't cause.