Kanye west confirmed

mike99

It's just a publicity scam he and his wife are  publicity whores, did someone compare him to Little Richard???

Poor Kanye probably couldn't handle Trump dominating twitter.

boo hoo!  red arrow away all you want !

What a shame he didn't cancel his Glastonbury appearance.

Edited by alrapp
add
  • Downvote 9

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I didn't say it did. 

I'm not saying I think he's had it less difficult. 

Read what I wrote, again.

I'm saying he's not had it harder than anyone else. 

Yeah I just don't get the relevance to the discussion unless you're suggesting that he shouldn't have mental health issues because other people have it worse.

Fair enough if you weren't suggesting that.

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Well, for his shrink perhaps, yeah.

Whatever normal life issues he's gone thru, they're still just normal life issues. In themselves they're as hard on anyone.

If they're anything of this, it's because he's got mental health issues, rather than he's got mental health issues because of those things. As you rightly said: 'trigger', which isn't cause.

But they could also be causes. It is possible for something like that cause mental health issues that weren't previously there.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I just don't get the relevance to the discussion unless you're suggesting that he shouldn't have mental health issues because other people have it worse.

Fair enough if you weren't suggesting that.

it was more directly related to the words it was said against than about Kanye himself - where they'd been a list of the normal life issues he'd gone thru.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it was more directly related to the words it was said against than about Kanye himself - where they'd been a list of the normal life issues he'd gone thru.

Ahh okay fair enough. I did think this after I'd posted my reply to you. To be fair I think they were only being listed as potential causes/triggers rather than anybody trying to claim he's got it bad.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

To be fair I think they were only being listed as potential causes/triggers rather than anybody trying to claim he's got it bad.

the outpourings from some were quite comical to my mind - and to one or two other people, too, based on their similar replies/comments.

It was those that were amusing me, not Kanye's state of health.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, I'm no mental health expert, but to me there's not an external cause in that way, and instead it's a trigger, the thing that puts someone over the edge.

There can definitely be external causes. I've sat in on lots of appointments relating to mental health issues and spent lots of time talking to doctors about it, and they're often caused by external things such as bereavements, to people who have no predisposition to mental health issues.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

Good work trying to drag it back on track @Alex DeLarge, love your optimism ;)

Haha thanks Quark :lol: it's just because Kanye arguments go: "he's not talented, his wife had a sextape, his Glastonbury set was bad!!!" and then his fans (me included) say: "Well actually he's critically acclaimed, he was only joking about that thing he said, he's a dickhead but I like his music" and it goes nowhere. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the outpourings from some were quite comical to my mind - and to one or two other people, too, based on their similar replies/comments.

I wasn't saying my heart breaks for Kanye, just that it's probably factors that added to his mental health triggers and led to a breakdown. Not sure how that's an outpouring.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm generally in favour, but there's often a nasty undercurrent of misogyny to it when going after someone's wife.

Thats quite true but in this particular case, considering what the person in question has "put out" in chasing fame and money, I think anything is fair game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

There can definitely be external causes. I've sat in on lots of appointments relating to mental health issues and spent lots of time talking to doctors about it, and they're often caused by external things such as bereavements, to people who have no predisposition to mental health issues.

Kanye's been ranting in the same way since before any of those life incidents, tho. 

But it's definitely about those things, yeah. :P

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't see that flag until I got back but saw a 'RAY J HIT IT FIRST' flag at the fest, like Kanye is supposed to live in eternal shame that his wife had sex before she met him.

Lets not get caught up in the media bullshit and carried away with sympathy here. She did release a tape of her having sex with her boyfriend. To become famous and earn money. Any future BF/husband were obviously going to see it, as were her kids when they're shown it by other kids in school. And they'll be bullied about it too. Pictures will be plastered on the school walls, shouted at, giggled at in class etc.

"Hi honey, how was school?"

"Errr, Mum, I was in double maths earlier and Jimmy showed me a video of you getting absolutely horsed out of it by some lad before you met Dad. Whats the story there?"

From Kanyes point of view, anyone who gets involved with someone like that deserves little sympathy aswell.  

But yeah, the flag was OTT.  Id love to find the guy who made it, somehow find a picture of his missus with her ex showing her with a gob full of glue and parade it outside his place of work at lunchtime. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

His mum died in 2007 and I don't recall him ranting much prior to that? Taylor Swift at the Grammys was 2009, looks like his first arrest for an altercation with the press was in 2008.....

ok, so it should have only included his mother rather than a long list?

Whatever, it's utterly irrelevant. The man's got issues, we don't know what the fuck they are, but no one has taken the piss for the issues.

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

His mum died in 2007 and I don't recall him ranting much prior to that? Taylor Swift at the Grammys was 2009, looks like his first arrest for an altercation with the press was in 2008.....

Here. There was loads.

He's a bellend. 

However all this, all of it, would be forgivable if he delivered the goods when people pay to see him. Yet Kanye at Glasto was arguably the worst headline show in the festivals history. 

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Lets not get caught up in the media bullshit and carried away with sympathy here. She did release a tape of her having sex with her boyfriend. To become famous and earn money. Any future BF/husband were obviously going to see it, as were her kids when they're shown it by other kids in school. And they'll be bullied about it too. Pictures will be plastered on the school walls, shouted at, giggled at in class etc.

"Hi honey, how was school?"

"Errr, Mum, I was in double maths earlier and Jimmy showed me a video of you getting absolutely horsed out of it by some lad before you met Dad. Whats the story there?"

From Kanyes point of view, anyone who gets involved with someone like that deserves little sympathy aswell.  

But yeah, the flag was OTT.  Id love to find the guy who made it, somehow find a picture of his missus with her ex showing her with a gob full of glue and parade it outside his place of work at lunchtime. 

It's good that Mick Jagger's kids have nothing dirty to hear about him and Marianne Faithful then.

Might not want to pack a Mars Bar for the school lunch though ;)

(I am aware that the mars bar thing never happened, just joking.)