Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forecasts don't look too bad, and even on the Netweather forums they are still talking of showers as opposed to persistent rain... but all I'm seeing are lows sitting over the UK, which to me just says rain! Feeling quite pessimistic

That video has lows in every direction at the 2.49min mark- an absolute horror show!

Then miraculously a high appears to the east, but does an instant runner. That high is our only hope- if it can somehow fight back against the low, we might stand a chance. Actually there is also a high to the south west- yet both these high's are getting pushed out by the low to the north west- if only one of them can make a stand...

Edited by Mr.Tease

Well so much for a clearly unsettled end to the week. The UKMO has suddenly realised that there is high pressure to the north and sends the low into France instead of the UK

UW120-21.GIF?22-18

GFS is bringing barely any significant rainfall to the UK, just a few showers here and there.

Still a lot of uncertainty even in the more reliable timeframes.

gfs-0-120.png?12

GEM is different to both at day 5

gem-0-120.png?12

low pressure squeezing through slowly instead of the quick UKMO solution and the GFS solution where low pressure fails to reach the UK.

That's the latest post in the netweather forum. Not all doom and gloom!

I think 'BBC weather is shit/terrible/a joke/rubbish/pathetic/unreliable etc etc' is posted on a daily basis here. I can't fathom why people are STILL looking at it...

Because it is essentially the MET office forecast so is probably the most trustworty forecast going

Because it is essentially the MET office forecast so is probably the most trustworty forecast going

It isn't, half the time it's completely different to the Met forecast and by no means is the Met forecast the "most trustworthy" forecast going

I'm seeing some very positive changes since the first update this morning, where I was starting to get concerned over sat and Sunday.

Much better now, Thursday and Friday look most at risk of rain, but nothing terrible. Yes.... This positive energy is working ...

Aye, there's 700 pages of the stuff elsewhere ;)

It isn't, half the time it's completely different to the Met forecast and by no means is the Met forecast the "most trustworthy" forecast going

The bbc website forecast is computer generated from the models are is often rubbish. Could you tell me why the met office is not the most trusted?

Forecasting the weather is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman: First you've got to check whether she's fair or stormy; both conditions are possible and changes may occur suddenly and without warning. Then see whether you need protection; as a rule, never leave home without. When you're done, you can simply toss your hat aside, safe in the knowledge that it's kept you from even worse conditions, and, more importantly, those unwanted lows.