Weather

matt_berr

Just to add in a dose of blind optimism - this reminds me a bit of 99.

After the hell of 98, waited till the week before to buy a ticket. It was warm, dry and forecast to stay that way.

Come the weekend, it was forecast to break down and everyone was predicting showers for Thursday - Saturday. Was gutted.

In the end, Saturday was a bit cloudy and there was some light drizzle, but apart from that a mix of clouds and sunny spells. Friday ended up being 2010 level roasting.

Oh sweet, Glastoweather watch- our mentor has returned to save our weather hides!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm freaking out man, I'm freaking out!

Take off, nuke the site from orbit - only way to be sure.

Can't remember what I meant to post - too excited

Edit - oh yes! Gww awesome to see you back! Didn't believe my eyes. Are you joining us?

Edited by frostypaw

Didn't Glastoweatherwtach go awol to get married etc? Is he still married?

Went AWOL in 07 to get married and came back from honeymoon for the fest. Not my best decision.

Since had kids and been back in 08 and 10. My wife is coming out of retirement this year having has enough after 07, so you can blame her for this years weather.

The BBC forecast at 1pm earlier today looked proper shit from Thursday onwards :(

I knew I shouldn't have bought 2 pairs of shorts recently

The BBC are terrible at predicting the weather. Take anything the say with a bucket of salt. Edited by Keva

Take off, nuke the site from orbit - only way to be sure.

Can't remember what I meant to post - too excited

Edit - oh yes! Gww awesome to see you back! Didn't believe my eyes. Are you joining us?

I am indeed sir. Been stalking this thread since April.

There was too much tragedy to this year's weather narrative to stay silent.

Just when I thought I was out

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Went AWOL in 07 to get married and came back from honeymoon for the fest. Not my best decision.

Since had kids and been back in 08 and 10. My wife is coming out of retirement this year having has enough after 07, so you can blame her for this years weather.

Oh shiiiiiittttteeeee.

On a serious note, STILL huge variation in the forecasts. Some of the papers today focusing on the 'mud bath' conditions and BBC predicting lots of rain, yet Netweather's 10 day forecast has improved massively for Pilton, only 2.1mm of rain forecast between Wednesday and Sunday (4.8mm on Monday).

And yet, having said that, I have a feeling know Jackone's forecast will be utter shite and this forum will go into meltdown. Countryfile won't even mention Glastonbury I suspect.