Weather

matt_berr

We had 10mm on thursday, over a similar time period, last year and it was enough to create some muddy patches (the park was quite bad), but they were pretty much dry the next day. It's enough to turn the grass to mud by several thousand people walking over it but not everywhere and not remotely comparable to a 'mudbath'.

Nothing worth worrying about, and it's why people are encouraged by the news that the total rainfall for the whole weekend is likely to be less than that this year.

Where exactly are you getting the information that it will be only 10mm of rain over the whole weekend?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where exactly are you getting the information that it will be only 10mm of rain over the whole weekend?

various weather sites had been saying it would be less than that. Obviously they change so I'm not sure what they're saying now.

edit:

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~2640283/long.html

so here for example.

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

Can someone please tell me why BBC commissioned Countryfile is anymore reliable than the BBC commissioned weather during 'News at 10'?

It's not reliable- one year country file lucked out and got it bang on, but since then it's been wrong more often than not.

Ok so here::

http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Glastonbury/forecasts/latest

I am reading only 1mm of rain on the Thursday and 6mm on the Friday. This is not so bad IMO.

It would obviously be better if there was less rain on the Friday, as could this 6mm churn it up quite a lot? Especially considering on Friday there will be much more movement of people around the site.

Going on Accuweather it is claiming for weds through Sunday as 0,5,3,1,1 mm. That sounds entirely manageable. Get the tent up on Wednesday in the dry. 5mm over 12 hours (from BBC) then the odd shower over the weekend. On already dry ground I reckon it'll be like 08,09 and 13 - not a scorcher, not a mud bath. Still waiting on Jackone and Countryfile though

Its a full week long outlook. Same data will be being used though

So just more in-depth but the same data and therefore conclusions..News at 10 on a Sunday usually looks at the whole-week anyway..

Incidentally you can get an in-depth BBC weather anytime by pressing your red button or going online.

So just more in-depth but the same data and therefore conclusions..News at 10 on a Sunday usually looks at the whole-week anyway..

Incidentally you can get an in-depth BBC weather anytime by pressing your red button or going online.

To give you a guide, the Countryfile forecast is about 5 mins long, whereas the News at 10 is, what, a minute to 2 minutes ling

So let me get this straight:

1. The (BBC) Countryfile weather forecast is absolute gospel, the Lord speaking.

2. The BBC can under no circumstances be trusted with weather forecasts.

Spot on, they talk bollocks most of the time.

Wait until tues/wed to have certain idea.

For what it's worth I reckon it'll be fine, it's the constant pissing down we need to worry about and that ain't going to happen.

Peace and Relax

A little earlier tonight we had the 'South West' weather for the next few days - up until Thursday - courtesy of Spotlight, the BBC S West News programme.

OK - so it's 'South West' and covers Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset.

The verbal narrative was along the lines '... there will be a breakdown in the current weather from Thursday next week....'

Whilst the symbols showed it PISSING IT DOWN ON THURSDAY.

Bbc showing two rain droplets now for thurs fri

Was it previously showing 1 drop?

Man I'm piping it now... Really can't be arsed with another muddy year. Especially considering the main draw for me this year was to chill and enjoy the outdoor aspect and social stuff as much as anything. Just hate trudging round in mud!!