Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought many sites were only predicting a few millimeters of rain. Where has this mud bath talk come from?

Also, with the site as dry as it is at the moment, i'm sure any wetness would get absorbed rather quickly.

Yeah, there needs to be persistent rain for any mud.

I thought many sites were only predicting a few millimeters of rain. Where has this mud bath talk come from?

Also, with the site as dry as it is at the moment, i'm sure any wetness would get absorbed rather quickly.

no talk of mudbath being forecast....just discussion over what areas get badly affected when there is a mudbath.

How much is 10mm of rain if it's spread over say 3 hours?

We had 10mm on thursday, over a similar time period, last year and it was enough to create some muddy patches (the park was quite bad), but they were pretty much dry the next day. It's enough to turn the grass to mud by several thousand people walking over it but not everywhere and not remotely comparable to a 'mudbath'.

Nothing worth worrying about, and it's why people are encouraged by the news that the total rainfall for the whole weekend is likely to be less than that this year.

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

Silver Hayes and entrance to The Park spring to mind.

Also some of the circus fields- it's a shame as a lot of the wandering performers can't actually perform in muddy conditions- I always think it must be a big disappointment for them.

Most unaffected areas seem to be the greenfields

Good news everyone, Jackone is currently listed as 'online' on the netweather forum so I can only assume he'll be along to lift our spirits after the inaccurate anti-glastonbury propaganda about to be spewed up by Countryfile

Here we go... This is it, people...

People are idiots. The current forecasts average 10mm over the whole festival. Absolutely fuck all rain, so long as the forecasts are correct!

It's the worsening trend people are concerned about- each day the rainfall and the number of days has been increasing

Whatever the forecast fro Thursday onwards on Countryfile it will change lots - they really are very unsure of what will happen when.

Personally I would suggest take it with a pinch of salt especially when the Thursday map is covered in rain(it will be) but they speak of showers. They do not know yet and may not until late Wednesday.