The Park

Avalon_Fields

I’ve never found it that hard to get into Stonebridge except at some points on the Thursday but when then you just wait if you want to, there is no toilet in there so people naturally move in and out

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I managed to navigate in there for Baggy Monday last year and I definitely didn't turn up in good time for it.

Baggy Mondays is shite now anyway. Used to be full on baggy/Madchester/Liverpool scene, now it's just an indie disco with the odd bit of Stone Roses.

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Baggy Mondays is shite now anyway. Used to be full on baggy/Madchester/Liverpool scene, now it's just an indie disco with the odd bit of Stone Roses.

yep agree with this. Wasn’t the same last year. 

Just now, Superscally said:

Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Strokes...nope

I’ll probably still go as it feels like the start of the festival. 

They always play A-Ha. Last year they played the Finish Eurovision entry as well 🙃

19 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Agreed. I dunno why they changed like, there's clearly appitite for the sing-a-long! Enough of us Northerners there.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think it's Heavenly Recordings?

alongside the Social in london which they own / help out etc (who have lots of other links themselves)

Very little for me on those lists if I'm honest.  Underwhelmed, which is rare.  Usually have a good few at The Park I fancy, but there's only really Otoboke Beaver I'd be stoked about.

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Very little for me on those lists if I'm honest.  Underwhelmed, which is rare.  Usually have a good few at The Park I fancy, but there's only really Otoboke Beaver I'd be stoked about.

And that's what I love about Glastonbury. This line up for me is A+. So much on offer for everyone and their different music tastes. 

56 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

27 acts listed.

Interesting, usually there's 25. 9 on Friday, 9 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday, including one gap for a secret set.

Looks like they'll be doing 9 each day and could either be doing some shorter sets on Sunday or not finishing early.

Also means there probably isn't a secret set on the Park this year which is a first in maybe ever?

Makes it more likely we'll get a secret set on the Pyramid or Other stage I bet.

some top work there.  Totally agree - Looks like there is no space for a secret set at the park.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds like Scossors is the new LGBT space - with a focus on the L.

Do we think it'll be for women/ femme people only, a replacement for the venue in the SE corner?

I don't want to start a debate on the rights/ wrongs of the subject.  But I dunno how they make it a specific space for one group (a "femme-queer venue") while allowing anyone in - unless it's more about the acts they have on etc.?

1 hour ago, CharlotteB said:

Stornoway at the Wishing Well sounds intriguing. A nice way to see what the venue's like *adds it to the list*

My guess is that it'll be a more acoustic set. They always do an acoustic section in their sets, so i wonder if it will be pretty much acoustic with their Acoustic stage set being more fully 'electric'. 

Ben

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9553.jpeg

Where's Kieran... No Saturday morning Morningside?? 

Might show up with Daphni though - Dan was in the wings for the Morningside slot last year. 

On 5/15/2024 at 1:41 PM, northernangel said:

Don't go then.

Very insightful of you. It's almost as though I was definitely going to go despite not going the last two years because it has been sh*t for a few years and desperately needed someone to inform me what I should do. Thanks. You just saved me from two hours of queueing, then sweating my ass off, being desperate for a piss but unable to leave due to not being able to get back in, when I could just go to the TapHouse and get the same musical experience and vibe with great beers and toilets round the corner. 

Thanks.

😉

Edited by Superscally
...for clarity...
  • Upvote 1