Onsite coop??

Dizzy2012

The bags of ice were a Godsend the last 2 years.  They could have charged way more for them, but it's nice that they were still reasonable.  Had a couple of smoothies and some snacks too.  Will have to get a members card this year.

Whenever I've used it - around lunchtime-ish - the queue has been out of the door but moves very quickly. I think they stagger entry but there seemed to be a good amount of tills so people moved through quickly. 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What are the times to avoid it?

When I tried to use it a couple of times last year the queue was going out of the door (12.30pm ish on the Saturday was one iirc.)

It’ll be fairly peak most times … as peoples routines are dictated by loads of different bands . But I’d imagine quieter times will be evenings and especially during headliners . That said there’s 50 cash registers so things move pretty fast 

4 minutes ago, sunnyshoes said:

Whenever I've used it - around lunchtime-ish - the queue has been out of the door but moves very quickly. I think they stagger entry but there seemed to be a good amount of tills so people moved through quickly. 

I'd agree, even if it looks busy you can be in and out really quickly. 

And yes, I think sometimes a queue out the door is actually just people being held so the shop isn't too busy inside.

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’ll be fairly peak most times … as peoples routines are dictated by loads of different bands . But I’d imagine quieter times will be evenings and especially during headliners . That said there’s 50 cash registers so things move pretty fast 

nice one cheers.

I'll mainly be utilising it for putting ice in my MOTHS at camp 🙂 

38 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Let's hope they don't do a Sainsburys and those are replaced with help yourself tills with one guy covering them instead 😄

28 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

nice one cheers.

I went about 8:30am one morning and was straight in and out.  Went about 11:00am and was queueing outside half way up the side of the building, but was still only in the queue for about 15-20 mins.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What are the times to avoid it?

When I tried to use it a couple of times last year the queue was going out of the door (12.30pm ish on the Saturday was one iirc.)

It moves very quickly to be honest.

At Reading fest the queue would be 30 mins+ all day, everyday - glasto was never anything like this despite their co-op being smaller! Mind you Glasto's doesn't have booze!

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

It moves very quickly to be honest.

At Reading fest the queue would be 30 mins+ all day, everyday - glasto was never anything like this despite their co-op being smaller! Mind you Glasto's doesn't have booze!

Yep. Don't be too put off if the queue runs all the way back along the length of the building. It moves pretty fast. 

And first time you use it, don't forget you can't get out without a receipt!

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

nice one cheers.

Might be worth considering one or two of these in the larger 800g size - https://shoreusable.com/products/your-food-flask-by-sho?variant=47769515098420 I recommended them to @clarkete last year to keep his ice frozen all day. 🙂

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Might be worth considering one or two of these in the larger 800g size - https://shoreusable.com/products/your-food-flask-by-sho?variant=47769515098420 I recommended them to @clarkete last year to keep his ice frozen all day. 🙂

interesting.  How much ice does it keep inside?

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Let's hope they don't do a Sainsburys and those are replaced with help yourself tills with one guy covering them instead 😄

Is anybody going to tell them? 🙈

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

interesting.  How much ice does it keep inside?

Perhaps @clarkete can confirm this. We have the smaller version and use it when having a BBQ in the garden and it holds enough for several G&T's 🙂

8 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Perhaps @clarkete can confirm this. We have the smaller version and use it when having a BBQ in the garden and it holds enough for several G&T's 🙂

Will wait to hear what clarkete has to say before purchasing 🙂