One Song You're Excited to Hear

Alex DeLarge

13 hours ago, Looother said:

Hard to say until we know set times, but I think this is a great tune and I'd like it to be sung to me.

Yes, great tune but sometimes not on her setlist.  I’d love to hear her sing Warrior, she sang it at a small Glasgow venue, the art school, about seven or eight  years ago and the place was absolutely bouncing. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Bucket list artist for me, gonna be the set of the weekend on the Sunday and probably my headliner. 

Yeah, this will be my headliner but just not my last act. I find it hard seeing anything announced pulling me away as when that lineup dropped the night before Avril was the one that would have deflated it for me had she been missing.

• Upvote 1

I lost my mom in September. Really hope the Glastonbury gods align to let me hear this, which she loved:

and then I'm going to absolutely hyperventilate when I hear THIS:

LET'S GO GIRLS!!!!

My new year's resolution was that I was going to manifest Shania Twain playing at Glastonbury, and I did this by playing LETS GO GIRLS, just that little intro, every morning. MANIFESTED!

Edited by irnkrtn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

I lost my mom in September. Really hope the Glastonbury gods align to let me hear this, which she loved:

and then I'm going to absolutely hyperventilate when I hear THIS:

LET'S GO GIRLS!!!!

My new year's resolution was that I was going to manifest Shania Twain playing at Glastonbury, and I did this by playing LETS GO GIRLS, just that little intro, every morning. MANIFESTED!

It’s not a pain that goes away particularly - experienced same loss in 2021. It’s ironic that while I’ve no intent to see Coldplay, now you’ve got me thinking, ‘Fix You’ can move me to tears just by thinking about it, let alone hearing sung to me live, by Coldplay themselves…

sh*t, I’m gone 😭

very much hoping that doesn’t ‘don’t impress me much’

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Who else was surprised this wasn't Last Train to Trancentral?

Welllllll

They haven’t “officially” confirmed yet have they. 

But yes, I admit I did miss a trick there 😂

Followed the XX/Jamie from the start. I know he's struggled with demons and creative blocks and he takes care not to put stuff out for the sake of it, but when this came out earlier this year it gave me hope a second album might finally be on the horizon. Plus, it's just an absolute banger. It's so good. 

On 4/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, bennyhana22 said:

perfect example of high-energy, jangly indie guitar-pop.

They were amazing in Woodsies a few years ago.

They will be spectacular this time.

I've been relistening to the first album and the opening track really stands out. Sounds like Summer. 

I've never seen them live before and genuinely can't wait. Since Antisocialites they've become one of my favourite bands on Earth.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I've been relistening to the first album and the opening track really stands out. Sounds like Summer. 

I've never seen them live before and genuinely can't wait. Since Antisocialites they've become one of my favourite bands on Earth.

All three LPs are really, really good. At first I didn't think that the last two had quite caught that innocent, jangly indie sound of the debut. But after repeated listens Blue Rev is just so well written! Their recent setlists are understandably very Blue Rev heavy, so we'll just have to see what gems we get from the debut. They're my No.1 must see at the moment and I'm just praying that no-one I really want to see clashes with them. 

Ben