Acoustic and Avalon stages - who is going to play ?

Mr Boo

• Mr Boo changed the title to Acoustic and Avalon stages - who is going to play ?

Just pure guess work, but someone mentioned Gary Numan was touring, thought he’d be a good fit for Avalon. Also Cat Empire have Sunday free. But they headlined in 2019 so maybe too soon, but would be good to see them back in the tent!

7 minutes ago, mickthevoice said:

Just pure guess work, but someone mentioned Gary Numan was touring, thought he’d be a good fit for Avalon. Also Cat Empire have Sunday free. But they headlined in 2019 so maybe too soon, but would be good to see them back in the tent!

I know Avalon have a recent reputation for booking acts which will overcrowd the field, but Gary Numan would surely be an epic mistake. It would be carnage IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I know Avalon have a recent reputation for booking acts which will overcrowd the field, but Gary Numan would surely be an epic mistake. It would be carnage IMO.

Maybe I was underestimating his appeal, just looked at the venues of his current tour. Anyway, if he was to turn up at the farm, whatever stage, I’d be there!

24 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd agree with this. Also if he does play don't expect the hits, at Bearded Theory last year I think he only played Cars and Are Friends Electric? and the rest nobody knew.

47 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

There’s been quite a few incidents of overcrowding at the Avalon, the addition of the screens outside last year should help. The Avalon does have acts that attract big crowds due to their wide appeal and popularity. 

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Clinging on to the hope that Busted play the Sunday on Avalon. No idea how high up they would be. 

Was hoping they’d be Pyramid. Way too big for Avalon these days and feel like they’ve played it before but could be wrong. They’re playing Bristol on the Thursday night so hopefully they’ll play somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'd agree with this. Also if he does play don't expect the hits, at Bearded Theory last year I think he only played Cars and Are Friends Electric? and the rest nobody knew.

I knew plenty.  Those songs are over 40 years old and he's been making music continuously.  Cars sounds very out of place with most of his more recent output.

He next tour is to celebrate Replicas and Pleasure Principle though so he will be doing all the old stuff. 

He is absolutely stunning live. I think most at Bearded were taken back by how heavy his music is. It's been very industrial for quite sometime now. 

8 hours ago, foolee said:

Was hoping they’d be Pyramid. Way too big for Avalon these days and feel like they’ve played it before but could be wrong. They’re playing Bristol on the Thursday night so hopefully they’ll play somewhere. 

Yeah they’re in Scotland on Friday and London Saturday too so only free on the Sunday. 
I agree they’re too big for Avalon but not really sure where else they would be placed so I think they’ll be there again if they play. My thinking is they would have been on the poster if they were one of the main stages. Who knows. As long as they end up there I’ll be happy!

19 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Fat Boy Slim. They've got to be the only stages he hasn't done, haven't they? 🤣

He made an appearance with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott so that's probably ticked that one off.

For Acoustic Stage I'd love to see them do a tribute to Sinead O Connor and Shane McGowan

The Staves, Grace Petrie and Katherine Priddy could be a candidate for either stage.

Withered Hand with Kathryn Williams might be a possibility as well. They have an album out and are touring in May.

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

He made an appearance with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott so that's probably ticked that one off.

For Acoustic Stage I'd love to see them do a tribute to Sinead O Connor and Shane McGowan

The Staves, Grace Petrie and Katherine Priddy could be a candidate for either stage.

Withered Hand with Kathryn Williams might be a possibility as well. They have an album out and are touring in May.

Oh, cool, didn't realise he'd made an appearance with Paul Heaton. When was that? I must've been there and not even realized!

No info to suggest this is the case, but on the basis that it's been ages since last time I'd think Deacon Blue would be a likely shout for one of the Acoustic headliners.

3 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Oh, cool, didn't realise he'd made an appearance with Paul Heaton. When was that? I must've been there and not even realized!

A couple of years ago when they headlined acoustic on the Friday night. I wasn't there but I remember it being mentioned that they'd gotten him on stage and so it was another one ticked off.

On that front though I think it would be nice if Showhawk Duo got a spot on the acoustic stage as well. They get so busy on a Thursday now that they would probably be a great opening act for the stage one day.

• Upvote 1